Michael Daly

Default Stately pleasure domes

On 8-Oct-2003, "peteg" wrote:

he contributed a
rational post to the discussion here. Nothing wrong with that.

He doesn't know the difference between flotation bags and
sponsons and doesn't know what a Pungo is (DAGS), but feels
free to answer anyway. Rational posting?

Mike
peteg

If you were paying attention I was refering to his rational contribution to
the discussion about artificial whitewater parks not the endless discussion
about sponsons. One way to promote change is to provide positive
reinforcement when someone acts civil. Just because I thought his stubborn
and irrational approach to discussing sponsons was a pain in the ass doesn't
mean I think the guy should be black-listed if he is willing to post
rational discussion about other topics.

pete

"Michael Daly" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
On 8-Oct-2003, "peteg" wrote:

he contributed a
rational post to the discussion here. Nothing wrong with that.

He doesn't know the difference between flotation bags and
sponsons and doesn't know what a Pungo is (DAGS), but feels
free to answer anyway. Rational posting?

Mike

William R. Watt

"Michael Daly" ) writes:

He doesn't know the difference between flotation bags and
sponsons and doesn't know what a Pungo is (DAGS), but feels
free to answer anyway. Rational posting?

Mike

.... whose head is so far up his rectum he can't see when someone is
pulling his leg. Such people are a danger to themselves and others. Brain
blindness is most often a symptom of plain old simple stupidity.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
William R. Watt

Mary Malmros ) writes:

Never underestimate the power of advertising and propaganda. If they want
white water kayaking in plastic pleasure domes to be popular they will
make it popular. Some bank will put up the money.

Maybe you should stick to statements about paddling around lakes in
a sponson-equipped sailboat, Willster.

too preoccupied trying to figure out how to paddle a kayak out of the War
in Iraq simulation at Disney World
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Wilko

"padeen" wrote in message ...
Great read in DEM Wildwasser Online Magazin!
Shame I'm a typical American and can't understand more than a few words!

Sorry, I sometimes don't think about how many languages are spoken on
this newsgroup...

But I was able to translate the pictures. Looks like a beautiful run made
better by interfering loggers harvesting firewood for their own use, though
I'm surprised to see that chainsaws are legal in Europe.

Unlike some Texans, we don't have a habit of using chain saws to
create massacres... ;-)

It's a continuous class V run with four class VI spots, and it's a
little bit away from the normal easy access points, which is in part
why there were so many logs in it.

There are so many befouled and channeled urban rivers
that would benefit extremely from this kind of attention.

My point exactly!

--
Wilko van den Bergh
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe

Dave Manby

Been away what been happening? !! (down the canyon 18 days and great
weather in October)

In message , Wilko
writes
"padeen" wrote in message
[...]

Details of the Coruh river and my book "Many Rivers To Run" at
http://www.dmanby.demon.co.uk

Mary Malmros

Dave Manby writes:

Been away what been happening? !! (down the canyon 18 days and great
weather in October)

In your pet thread? Not a thing. What's been happenin with you?

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mary Malmros
Tom

Dave Manby wrote in message ...
Been away what been happening? !! (down the canyon 18 days and great
weather in October)

Dave,

What canyon? The Grand one on the US side of the pond? Trip report??

Riverman, didn't you post earlier this year that you were trying to
hook up on a GC trip in June/July? Any luck?

I was lucky enough to spend 19 days in the Grand Canyon in June/July
and wondered how you faired (fared?)?

Lurker,
Tom
Charles Pezeshki

Hi Folks,

For those that need a Colorado/GC river fix, take the tour down my webpage:

http://www.wildcountry.info

All my medium- and large-format pix from my trip. If anyone wants one for
their wall, I can tell ya this-- they look absolutely spectacular at 2'x3'--
the joy of using a larger format than 35mm for photos.

Chuck

in article , Tom at
wrote on 11/5/03 11:00 AM:

I was lucky enough to spend 19 days in the Grand Canyon in June/July
and wondered how you faired (fared?)?

Lurker,
Tom

Dave Manby

in October)

Dave,

What canyon? The Grand one on the US side of the pond? Trip report??

peepil

Here is a sort of trip report. As you will work out there was a problem
with language - we had three Americans and at least half a dozen Scots
(Hence a Burns supper either 271 days late or 94 days early) on the
trip.

Explanations if required later!

The moon. The Stars. Hundreds of planes.
Upgrade on the flight out
Hot desert on the way to lees Ferry - and Indian stalls
last supper; what were 4 extras doing there?

Lees ferry campsite
Park ranger passing Whit's old b'aid; failing Andy J's brand new one and
how long could he survive off what was in his belt? And why was Pedro
being so shy?
Hot sun

boats piled to the gunnels (with what turns out to be beer) look more
like prototypes of armoured slave galleys than rafts

Donny has look of, well won't be seeing that equipment again.
Confusion at 1st camp - what order do the buckets go in???

trying to find everything including the “bin ladens�

trying to understand what was being passed off as English stroppy,
grotty, faffiing
'Wash yir hans!"
Dehydration?
Park ranger passes himself off as 'Dept Homeland Security' and tries to
deport Andy J
House rock - 1st big rapid; and helicopter
Good food- not enough cereal, milk

can't believe that REO packed ammo cases full of glass, let alone jars
of glass chilli peppers everyday while later leaving out the two main
ingredients in diet; dessert and coffee
Phantom ranch - green and cool (at least, under the trees)

civilization, phone and poor suckers with a long hard climb out
Horn

Whit takes a bath
Darcey's cooking
Lay over and a play wave - watch the wave change; read a book, hike
Pedro's ringtail traps
Robin - crapper in chief and place man for the groover (and now we all
know why it's called a groover..)
Becky and her clean language
Dry hands and moisturizer

Granite: Andy J places very large deposit in opposition's groover. Well
done Andy!
Stars @ night (and satellites, shootin' stars, planes)
Sand everywhere
Bronwen goes flying on Upset

Bronwen gets upset while flying
Tom and his Earl Grey tea

Andy's deposit later heavily penalized because of missing tea
Dave's cocktails

Dave's thinly disguised whiskey
3 men on a tarp
rattlesnake @ Dubendorff
tarantula @ toe stub camp
Lava!

robin rolls up facing upstream in right side eddy wondering where
groover is
the Burns supper - Darr L and his flying lights

Girls take Grammy after judges discovery that Andy Watts poem was all
created with Scottish-like sounds and not actual words.
Bridget - "I've always had a little bit of Scotland inside me."
The unknown pumpkin man –who wishes to remain anon. (and subsequent
discovery of his props by the park rangers)
Surgeons disappointed that they couldn't operate on Mick's toe
Ice up to the last day--and food, does Donnie eat the leftovers? (no
answer necessary)
Should have had - ceremonial burning old clothes

--
Dave Manby
Details of the Coruh river and my book "Many Rivers To Run" at
http://www.dmanby.demon.co.uk

Whitewater Symposium: teaching the kayak roll and improving your own! Mary Malmros General 1 August 25th 03 12:25 PM
Charlotte's whitewater park TB General 0 August 15th 03 11:22 PM
Whitewater Park Jerry Nolan General 0 July 25th 03 11:05 PM