Default 85 and clear...

On Jun 20, 1:00*am, Tim wrote:
On Jun 18, 9:44*am, I_am_Tosk wrote:

with winds at 5-10.. Sounds like today should be a good day for Wayne
and his... * *Gong to the track (of course) and will be looking at the
boat later this afternoon. Don't know if I am ready to take her out but
I should at least get her started.

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

We got 6 inches of rain last night. the thunder and light show was
magnificantly horrendous! *We're flooded again.

I've thought of taking a row boat down the creek. Looks like that's
about as close to boating as I'll get for a little while. Still
working on the Marquis. and am taking the 18 ft. Chris Craft to the
boat shop for some fuel pump work. Lake time probably next weekend, or
two. at least that's the opinion.

Looks like we finally have a good week lined up...although rain
predicted for Saturday & Sunday.
Time to get the Yukon spruced up and ready for the water. Just took my
prop to the boat store last week to inquire about a minor 'dent' in
one of it's three blades. They said it was no big deal on a 25 hp and
I should lightly hammer it out myself... and use a file to smooth the
edges.
I ran the boat aground in fine gravel on a local lake last year.

On 6/20/11 8:10 AM, North Star wrote:
On Jun 20, 1:00 am, wrote:
On Jun 18, 9:44 am, wrote:

[...]

Once while watching a dealer launch a new boat at a rather crummy ramp
in Jacksonville, I saw the guy head right over an underwater concrete
curb of some sort. I never knew why they the curb there...it probably
was a part of the form. Anyway, despite onlookers telling him to stop,
he didn't, and he tore up a brand-new stainless steel prop. Ouch!

Mostly around here, we have sandy or muddy bottoms...good for prop
polishing.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

In article , payer33859
@mypacks.net says...

On Jun 20, 1:00 am, wrote:
On Jun 18, 9:44 am, wrote:

[...]

And the Harry lies start....

On Jun 20, 1:00 am, wrote:
On Jun 18, 9:44 am, wrote:

[...]

If a ss prop gets torn up it's likely the drive train is trashed. I hope
the new owner insisted on a new engine.

North Star wrote:
On Jun 20, 1:00 am, wrote:

On Jun 18, 9:44 am, wrote:

[...]

Every part of that is funny as hell!

iBoat wrote:
In ,
says...

North Star wrote:

On Jun 20, 1:00 am, wrote:

On Jun 18, 9:44 am, wrote:

[...]

I thought it was sad.....

Which part? That he's just getting ready to launch his rowboat? That
he didn't take the prop to a prop shop last fall? That he's going to
take a hammer and file to it? That he wants us to believe "fine gravel"
dented a prop?

In article ,
says...

iBoat wrote:
In ,
says...

North Star wrote:

On Jun 20, 1:00 am, wrote:

On Jun 18, 9:44 am, wrote:

[...]

Yes.

Clear Bottom Bucket Vic Smith Cruising 33 July 27th 08 09:38 PM
??? about clear plastic dh@. General 15 December 15th 05 03:07 AM
??? about clear plastic dh@. Boat Building 15 December 15th 05 03:07 AM
??? about clear plastic dh@. Cruising 15 December 15th 05 03:07 AM
So let's get this clear.... Bobsprit ASA 19 October 25th 04 11:46 PM