riverman

Default Lost canoe Fayette Station

"NewRiverFats" wrote in message
news
Our friend Hank's ashes were put in a small canoe Saturday, August 30

around
1:30 pm. Hank's ashes were put in a red model sized stripper canoe about
18" in length and launched past the first curler at Fayette Station on the
New River.

The canoe was caught in the eddy on the bottom right side of the rapids

but
disappeared before we could get it.

If anyone finds it please contact me. It would mean a lot to get the

canoe
back to his buddy who took the best of care of him while he was dying.

The
canoe had some names on the inside and had Burned Out Canoe Club on the
outside.

It could be that it is pinned or flushed on down but if possible it would

be
nice to get it back to Portsmouth Ohio.

No agitation meant here, Fats, but exactly what is the story? It sounds like
your friend Hank passed away, you had him cremated and set his ashes in
(possibly a favorite) canoe, and launched him down below Fayette station for
one last solo run? And then the canoe got away? If you didn't expect to lose
the canoe, why did no one accompany it, or you have a line on it or
something? How were you planning on retrieving it? And my condolences about
Hank....you've given me a great idea for when I pass on.

--riverman

Mike McCrea

Condolences on the loss of a paddling friend, and no offense intended,
but it sounds like Hank is having one last earthly adventure.

Sorta like Riverman, my first thought was "Not a bad send off".

FS: Canoe in Baltimore Maryland Marty S. Marketplace 0 December 19th 03 04:20 PM
Need books, articles, website to design a canoe (concrete) Pablo Boat Building 5 October 17th 03 12:33 AM
open canoe asdf Boat Building 8 September 6th 03 04:41 AM
Canoe & Kayak Scams Kills 1,000 Americans Bobo General 55 September 4th 03 02:55 PM
Best canoe rack for small pickup. TexNekkid General 0 August 18th 03 12:14 PM