BoatBanter.com

-   -   Lost canoe Fayette Station (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/13369-re-lost-canoe-fayette-station.html)

riverman September 3rd 03 04:46 PM

Lost canoe Fayette Station

"NewRiverFats" wrote in message
Our friend Hank's ashes were put in a small canoe Saturday, August 30

around
1:30 pm. Hank's ashes were put in a red model sized stripper canoe about
18" in length and launched past the first curler at Fayette Station on the
New River.

The canoe was caught in the eddy on the bottom right side of the rapids

but
disappeared before we could get it.

If anyone finds it please contact me. It would mean a lot to get the

canoe
back to his buddy who took the best of care of him while he was dying.

The
canoe had some names on the inside and had Burned Out Canoe Club on the
outside.

It could be that it is pinned or flushed on down but if possible it would

be
nice to get it back to Portsmouth Ohio.

No agitation meant here, Fats, but exactly what is the story? It sounds like
your friend Hank passed away, you had him cremated and set his ashes in
(possibly a favorite) canoe, and launched him down below Fayette station for
one last solo run? And then the canoe got away? If you didn't expect to lose
the canoe, why did no one accompany it, or you have a line on it or
something? How were you planning on retrieving it? And my condolences about
Hank....you've given me a great idea for when I pass on.

--riverman

Mike McCrea September 3rd 03 10:26 PM

Lost canoe Fayette Station

Condolences on the loss of a paddling friend, and no offense intended,
but it sounds like Hank is having one last earthly adventure.

Sorta like Riverman, my first thought was "Not a bad send off".