Tim Tim is offline

Default Tomorrow night.....

Working late at the shop to conjure up an extreme power system capable
of delivering 320-350 amps (on 12 volt) of (hopefully reliable) D.C.
madness...

"POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"

I love working late at night because there's nobody around to
interrupt the projects. And specially if there is a thunder/lightning
storm aproaching- people will drive by the shop and see the lights on
at 10 or 11:00 PM (sometimes later) and they know that Dr. Frankentim
is in the evil lab.......

}8^ 0

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 20:00:13 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Working late at the shop to conjure up an extreme power system capable
of delivering 320-350 amps (on 12 volt) of (hopefully reliable) D.C.
madness...

"POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"

I love working late at night because there's nobody around to
interrupt the projects. And specially if there is a thunder/lightning
storm aproaching- people will drive by the shop and see the lights on
at 10 or 11:00 PM (sometimes later) and they know that Dr. Frankentim
is in the evil lab.......

}8^ 0

sounds good!

at the marina this evening. moved to a new slip which is MUCH better
than the old one. raining like hell now...first storm on board the
boat...kind of nice, actually

wrote:

Working late at the shop to conjure up an extreme power system capable
of delivering 320-350 amps (on 12 volt) of (hopefully reliable) D.C.
madness...

I know just the place for testing it out once it's perfected. :-)

On 6/9/2011 11:00 PM, Tim wrote:
Working late at the shop to conjure up an extreme power system capable
of delivering 320-350 amps (on 12 volt) of (hopefully reliable) D.C.
madness...

"POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"

I love working late at night because there's nobody around to
interrupt the projects. And specially if there is a thunder/lightning
storm aproaching- people will drive by the shop and see the lights on
at 10 or 11:00 PM (sometimes later) and they know that Dr. Frankentim
is in the evil lab.......

}8^ 0

E over R = I
You need big batteries and big wire.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 9, 10:00*pm, Tim wrote:
Working late at the shop to conjure up an extreme power system capable
of delivering *320-350 amps (on 12 volt) of (hopefully reliable) *D.C..
madness...

*"POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"

I love working late at night because there's nobody around to
interrupt the projects. And *specially if there is a thunder/lightning
storm aproaching- people will drive by the shop and see the lights on
at 10 or 11:00 PM (sometimes later) and they know that Dr. Frankentim
is in the evil lab.......

}8^ 0

Eh, my plans got foiled. Found out I have too much other stuff to do
this evening, but will carry on later. Interesting conversation I had
with a very experienced Leece-Neville technician today. He gave me a
lot of insight on power management in the heavy/high output
alternator systems. Now exploring other options...

Today was a good day!

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Working late at the shop to conjure up an extreme power system capable
of delivering *320-350 amps (on 12 volt) of (hopefully reliable) *D.C.
madness...

"POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"

I love working late at night because there's nobody around to
interrupt the projects. And *specially if there is a thunder/lightning
storm aproaching- people will drive by the shop and see the lights on
at 10 or 11:00 PM (sometimes later) and they know that Dr. Frankentim
is in the evil lab.......

}8^ 0

sounds good!

at the marina this evening. moved to a new slip which is MUCH better
than the old one. raining like hell now...first storm on board the
boat...kind of nice, actually

Hey man, I've been there...

One of the most favorite events was to take my old 28' Chriss Craft
Cavilier out in the middle of he lake during a nice spring rain shower
and just sit. Either dusk or dawn and listen to the rain hit the cabin
top and the surrounding water.

Very therapeutic.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Working late at the shop to conjure up an extreme power system capable
of delivering *320-350 amps (on 12 volt) of (hopefully reliable) *D.C.
madness...

"POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"

I love working late at night because there's nobody around to
interrupt the projects. And *specially if there is a thunder/lightning
storm aproaching- people will drive by the shop and see the lights on
at 10 or 11:00 PM (sometimes later) and they know that Dr. Frankentim
is in the evil lab.......

}8^ 0

The big switchers in the water cooled computers did that sort of
thing. They were 400 hz (in) tho, to keep the inductors a reasonable
size and to make filtering easier., They were noisy som bitches tho.

They were lower voltages .

hmmmm, yeah. I knwo about noisy. Noting sings like a good 300 amp unit
at full bore. Whistles like a turbo charger!
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Working late at the shop to conjure up an extreme power system capable
of delivering *320-350 amps (on 12 volt) of (hopefully reliable) *D.C.
madness...

I know just the place for testing it out once it's perfected. * *:-)

As you know, Wayne the cogs are rolling

?;^ )
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 10, 5:13*am, Jay wrote:
On 6/9/2011 11:00 PM, Tim wrote: Working late at the shop to conjure up an extreme power system capable
of delivering *320-350 amps (on 12 volt) of (hopefully reliable) *D..C.
madness...

* "POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"

I love working late at night because there's nobody around to
interrupt the projects. And *specially if there is a thunder/lightning
storm aproaching- people will drive by the shop and see the lights on
at 10 or 11:00 PM (sometimes later) and they know that Dr. Frankentim
is in the evil lab.......

}8^ 0

E over R = I
You need big batteries and big wire.

That's it man, they're already there. Now we need something to push
through it!

Going out tomorrow JR North General 1 September 28th 08 01:01 PM
Quiet night last night... John H.[_5_] General 34 August 2nd 08 12:09 AM
Tomorrow Joe ASA 2 October 25th 05 11:08 PM
tomorrow, it plays a barber too dry in her distant night Bernadette ASA 0 April 22nd 05 01:51 PM
Night Night, my little fishies! Bobsprit ASA 3 January 27th 04 03:03 AM