Michael Daly

Default sponsons really work! (BS)

On 26-Aug-2003, Mary Malmros wrote:

so commenting
on it isn't exactly "thrashing newbies".

Dumping on the original poster isn't thrashing a newbie. He claims to
have paddled/sailed/whatever all his life without a lesson. It shows in
that he knows almost nothing of value and is more of a troll than someone
to take seriously. In this case, you're thrashing a self-proclaimed "expert"
who deserves it.

Mike
William R. Watt

"Michael Daly" ) writes:
On 26-Aug-2003, Mary Malmros wrote:

so commenting
on it isn't exactly "thrashing newbies".

Dumping on the original poster isn't thrashing a newbie. He claims to
have paddled/sailed/whatever all his life without a lesson. It shows in
that he knows almost nothing of value and is more of a troll than someone
to take seriously. In this case, you're thrashing a self-proclaimed "expert"
who deserves it.

funny how some people label anyone who disagrees with their limited
experience.

there are photos of the 7.5 ft sail boat with the sponsons on my website
(see below) click on "boats" then on "Loonie". When nto sialign it is
proelled by a home made feathered double bladed paddle which qualifies the
boat for discussion in a paddlign newsgroup, and doubles as a sterrign oar
when under sail. Its a neat little boat made from a single sheet of
plywood. I use and enjoy it often, sometimes in very strong winds on small
waters where there are no large waves.

Mike

who sees in his dreams trolls coming out of the woodwoork

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
John Q Adams

I really hate to be picky, BUT that little button labeled SPELLING is meant
to correct your spelling in the post.

Or do we have a Welsh sailboarder who spells like he talks?

Jon Adams

"William R. Watt" wrote in message
"Michael Daly" ) writes:
[...]

----
William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community

network
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Backyard Renegade

" John Q Adams" wrote in message ...
I really hate to be picky, BUT that little button labeled SPELLING is meant
to correct your spelling in the post.

Well then don't be picky. My manner of posting does not have a spell
checker unless I cut and paste into another program check and then cut
and paste back... I don't think that is necessary for posting to a
NG...
Scotty
William R. Watt

" John Q Adams" ) writes:
I really hate to be picky, BUT that little button labeled SPELLING is meant
to correct your spelling in the post.

Or do we have a Welsh sailboarder who spells like he talks?

Jon Adams

I type like I paddle. Is there a problem with that?

I'm on a 1990 era 16 MHz 80386SX machine with 2400 baud modem and VT100
terminal emulation connected to a FreePort interface on a UNIX (SunOS)
machine. There are still some of these beautifully virus-free access
points to the Internet around which provide simple cheap access to mail,
newsgroups, and text web browsers. The simple text editor (Pico) on
FreePort has a simple spell checker which I don't use because it only
points out likely spelling errors, it doesn't offer to correct them,
making a trip to the dictionary necessary. And that slows me down. If you
can't understand something I type you can always ask for clarification. I
have a copy of Wordperfect with a decent Oxford (not the Webster ones they
use in the US) on this machine which I use when I'm composing email to the
Prime Minister or one of his underlings.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm