David J. Van den Branden

Default FS: Carbon Fiber Kayak Paddle

Whetstone Mako (T-1) One piece 60 degree offset RH Control 240cm

Very light. Very strong. Dihedral face. Comfortable ovalized shaft.
Excellent condition with no scratches, or dings beyond light surface scuffs.
Once upon a time they were available exclusively from www.kayakstore.com
where there is still information available about the paddle and its
construction.

OK. So it's really long by todays paddle standards. But if you have arms
like a T-Rex and have a chubby boat and paddle with a low angle style and
don't give a rat's patooty what people think about the length of your
paddle, then this might be a nice paddle for you.

The thing is, it's a one piece so it's going to cost a lot to ship it. So
much so that it is probably cost prohibitive. But if you are in the Chicago
or suburban Chicago area and can pick it up or at least meet me halfway,
then you can buy it for $100.00.

Respond via email.

Cheers

Dave

John Kuthe

"David J. Van den Branden" wrote:
[ 240 cm one piece paddle for sale]
The thing is, it's a one piece so it's going to cost a lot to ship it. So
much so that it is probably cost prohibitive. Dave

Not so! Try the United States Postal Service!

Over on Boatertalk, some folks said they just stick a shipping label on
the paddle, and USPS will ship it for under $20!

--
John Kuthe,
1st rule of Govt: protect people from Govt
David J. Van den Branden

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
"David J. Van den Branden" wrote:
[ 240 cm one piece paddle for sale]
The thing is, it's a one piece so it's going to cost a lot to ship it.

So
much so that it is probably cost prohibitive. Dave

Not so! Try the United States Postal Service!

Over on Boatertalk, some folks said they just stick a shipping label on
the paddle, and USPS will ship it for under $20!

Really? Well then. I would be happy to send it if I can do it for that and
the buyer pays the shipping. I was basing it on a quote from the USPS web
site using my best guess at a carton size that would hold it. Perhaps a
couple layers of bubble wrap, taped up very well would be safe with or
without the box.

I do seem to remember one of the news magazine TV programs doing a little
piece on what the USPS would accept. I remember one thing they did was
write the address right on the leather skin of a baseball and, sure enough,
the USPS accepted it and delivered it!

DV

Geoff Jennings

A girlfriend in college once mailed me a rubber bouncy ball (you know, the
type you find in the big wire baskets at Wal-mart ) covered in poetry
(written in black magic marker) with my address written on it and stamps
taped to it.

Geoff

David J. Van den Branden wrote in message

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
[...]

David J. Van den Branden

Marty

Is anyone seriously going to trust a carbon fiber paddle with an address label
on it to the gorillas in the Postal Service or UPS? In my opinion you would be
throwing away the $100 paddle and $20. The employees of both are particularly
adept at damaging goods that is even packed very cautiously. After the damage,
you will be out the money, the paddle and the time and aggravation to file a
claim to replace it.

John Kuthe wrote:

"David J. Van den Branden" wrote:
[ 240 cm one piece paddle for sale]
The thing is, it's a one piece so it's going to cost a lot to ship it. So
much so that it is probably cost prohibitive. Dave

Not so! Try the United States Postal Service!

Over on Boatertalk, some folks said they just stick a shipping label on
the paddle, and USPS will ship it for under $20!

--
John Kuthe,
1st rule of Govt: protect people from Govt
2nd rule of Govt: protect people from each other
BUT: It must *never* become the job of Govt to protect people from
themselves!

David J. Van den Branden

From: Marty
Newsgroups: rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 16:56:48 GMT

Is anyone seriously going to trust a carbon fiber paddle with an address label
on it to the gorillas in the Postal Service or UPS?

Of course not.... I would wrap it well to protect it. If it makes any
difference to anyone, I've never shipped anything that got lost or broken in
transit and I've shipped a variety of things from fragile, visual product
design models to full size furniture items over the last 20 years in my
professional and personal life.

In my opinion you would be
throwing away the $100 paddle and $20. The employees of both are particularly
adept at damaging goods that is even packed very cautiously. After the damage,
you will be out the money, the paddle and the time and aggravation to file a
claim to replace it.

I don't use the paddle so, what the heck...