David J. Van den Branden

Default FS: Carbon Fiber Kayak Paddle

From: Marty
Newsgroups: rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats.paddle
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 16:56:48 GMT
Subject: FS: Carbon Fiber Kayak Paddle

Is anyone seriously going to trust a carbon fiber paddle with an address label
on it to the gorillas in the Postal Service or UPS?

Of course not.... I would wrap it well to protect it. If it makes any
difference to anyone, I've never shipped anything that got lost or broken in
transit and I've shipped a variety of things from fragile, visual product
design models to full size furniture items over the last 20 years in my
professional and personal life.

In my opinion you would be
throwing away the $100 paddle and $20. The employees of both are particularly
adept at damaging goods that is even packed very cautiously. After the damage,
you will be out the money, the paddle and the time and aggravation to file a
claim to replace it.

I don't use the paddle so, what the heck...

John Kuthe wrote:

"David J. Van den Branden" wrote:
[ 240 cm one piece paddle for sale]
The thing is, it's a one piece so it's going to cost a lot to ship it. So
much so that it is probably cost prohibitive. Dave

Not so! Try the United States Postal Service!

Over on Boatertalk, some folks said they just stick a shipping label on
the paddle, and USPS will ship it for under $20!

--
John Kuthe,
1st rule of Govt: protect people from Govt