Bristan

Default Overheating Yamaha 60

I have a Yamaha 60 FETO which is overheating.
The buzzer goes off after about 5 mins. This happened last time I took the
boat out after a prolonged winter break.
Prior to this trip the motor has been fine.
I suspect a seized thermostat. I don't have a repair manual, but have
changed plenty of automotive thermostats.
Can anyone help with infomation on inspecting the thermostat.? Is it an
easy job?. I have noticed a large side plate on the motor and was thinking
it may be under there as the water stream exits at the bottom.
Thanks in advance
Bristan