BoatBanter.com

-   -   Overheating Yamaha 60 (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1318-overheating-yamaha-60-a.html)

Bristan September 26th 03 11:17 PM

Overheating Yamaha 60

I have a Yamaha 60 FETO which is overheating.
The buzzer goes off after about 5 mins. This happened last time I took the
boat out after a prolonged winter break.
Prior to this trip the motor has been fine.
I suspect a seized thermostat. I don't have a repair manual, but have
changed plenty of automotive thermostats.
Can anyone help with infomation on inspecting the thermostat.? Is it an
easy job?. I have noticed a large side plate on the motor and was thinking
it may be under there as the water stream exits at the bottom.
Thanks in advance
Bristan

Trond Solem September 27th 03 09:31 AM

Overheating Yamaha 60

Change the water pump impeller. I suspect it hasn't been changed for a
couple of years.

u...