Default More of the flooding....

"*e#c" wrote in message

On Apr 28, 9:27 pm, "True North" wrote:
"*e#c" wrote in message

On Apr 27, 8:44 pm, Tim wrote:

someone interviewed in Cairo (pronounced, Kay-row) Illinois. The
southern tip town
of the state.

Yep it's coming if not already there....

http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...s-prepare-for-...

(pronounced, Kay-row)

Wrong. It's K- eye row. Funny how Amereecans love to *******ize the
english language.

It's as funny as watching Leno show just how many stupid Amereecans
are out there, with his " Jay - Walking "

***********************

Rick Mercer used to prove that every week with his short items on the This
Hour Has 22 minutes show.
The executive producer of that show was a regular crew member on the
Mirage
33 I crewed on and we did have Rick out once. Funny guy.

Mercer should be Prime Minister. Have you seen his " Dudes on
Parliament Hill " video on You Tube? Hilarious.

********************

No... I'll have to look for it.

Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 29, 8:10*am, Harryk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Apr 28, 10:55 pm, *wrote:
On Apr 28, 9:21 pm, *wrote:

On Apr 28, 5:15 pm, *wrote:
On Apr 27, 8:44 pm, *wrote:
someone interviewed in Cairo (pronounced, Kay-row) Illinois. The
southern tip town
of the state.
* * Yep it's coming if not already there....
http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...s-prepare-for-...
*(pronounced, Kay-row)
Wrong. * It's K- eye row. Funny how Amereecans love to *******ize the
english language.
It's as funny as watching Leno show just how many stupid Amereecans
are out there, with his " Jay - Walking "
You can call it "Care-o" or you can call it "Kay-row" but you don't
call it "Kigh-ro"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HzXY...eature=related
And it's been pronounced that way since the early 1800's- Hide quoted text -
Sorry, thats the way it is pronounced. Ask any Egyptian. THEY'VE been
saying it that way for 3000 years.....
Kinda out trumps your 1800s, dont it.

Nope. They Egyptians have been pronouncing the city as al-Qāhira as
long as they've been speaking Arabic, and that hasn't been for 3000
years.

Here, Let Wiki be your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_language

Egyptian is the indigenous language of Egypt and a branch of the
Afroasiatic language family. Written records of the Egyptian language
have been dated from about 3400 BC,[1] making it one of the oldest
recorded languages known. Egyptian was spoken until the late 17th
century AD in the form of Coptic. The national language of modern-day
Egypt is Egyptian Arabic, which gradually replaced Coptic as the
language of daily life in the centuries after the Muslim conquest of
Egypt.

Scholars group the Egyptian language into six major chronological
divisions:[4]

* * *Archaic Egyptian (before 2600 BC, the language of the Early
Dynastic Period)
* * *Old Egyptian (2686 BC – 2181 BC, the language of the Old Kingdom)
* * *Middle Egyptian (2055 BC – 1650 BC): characterizing Middle Kingdom
(2055 BC – 1650 BC), but enduring through the early 18th Dynasty until
the Amarna Period(1353 BC), and continuing on as a literary language
into the 4th century AD).
* * *Late Egyptian (1069 BC – 700 BC): characterizing the Third
Intermediate Period (1069 BC – 700 BC), but starting earlier with the
Amarna Period (1353 BC).
* * *Demotic (7th century BC – 5th century AD, Late Period through
Roman times)
* * *Coptic (1st century AD – 17th century AD, early Roman times to
early modern times)

Never mind that, Tim...the real question:

Can you *walk* like an Egyptian?

Of course!! And my wife is the Queen of Denial I especially like what
happens at 2:48

?;^ )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwGVDmEsi8A

Tim wrote:
On Apr 29, 8:10 am, wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Apr 28, 10:55 pm, wrote:
On Apr 28, 9:21 pm, wrote:
On Apr 28, 5:15 pm, wrote:
On Apr 27, 8:44 pm, wrote:
[...]

That's a great video. I've never seen it before. Is that you at 2:48
popping out?

Tim Tim is offline

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...16394120110501

Looks like Cairo is going to flood unless the Army Corps blows the
levee to relieve the flooding , problem is that Missouri is screaming
mad about it, because they'll catch the blunt of the flood. and I'd be
mad about it too.

Flooding in Nashville... Tim General 9 May 8th 10 08:39 PM
Flooding in Illinois. Tim General 3 January 12th 08 05:19 PM
Big flooding here Joe ASA 41 October 21st 06 02:16 PM
Flooding Pictures Joe ASA 10 October 19th 06 03:33 PM
Nik is flooding the NG! Bertie the Bunyip ASA 4 September 28th 03 02:54 AM