Default Killing Medicare - Good or Bad?

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:51:25 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:13:38 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:17:04 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

Canuck57 wrote:
On 18/04/2011 11:00 AM, Harryk wrote:
jps wrote:
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 23:01:10 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 00:17:45 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:24:48 -0400,
wrote:

Canuck57 wrote:
Decreasing taxes should be for everyone. But always good as it
leaves
more money to circulate and crate jobs.
Trickle-down is bull**** economics.
Talk about death panel. Vouchers worth $8K a year wouldn't buy the
most meager health care plan and soon put a vast percentage of
seniors
in the grave early.

These people aren't pro-life. They're just anti-women's rights.

Reply:
Bull****. $8k voucher is $16k for a couple. When I bought my own
insurance, I paid $1300 a month for the two of us. $2500 deductible
and
$15
/ 30 copay. Part of the problem with Medicare is there is no copay.
Just
like Medicade. No incentive to not go to the doctor for any
perceived
problem Cold? Go to the doctor. Need an outing? Go get your blood
pressure checked. Put some realistic controls on medical care, the
cost
will plummet!
Ryan's plan is projected some number of years in the future,
something
like 10.

In 10 years, the rate of insurance has gone up 100% so your
prediction
about being able to pay for 2 with $1300/mo is what's bull****.

$16K a year will probably cover one of you by 2020, if you're still
alive and haven't been unplugged by a Republican death panel.

Reply:
Put a deductible on it. Same as most policies over the years. Put a
copay
on it. and the visits will plummet. A major reason insurance has
doubled
over the years, is the requirement to cover more and more. With no
extra
cost to the policy holder.

Accounting for co-pays and deductibles, the raise in rates is a lot
higher the 100% over the past 10 years.

Hiking those rates is the equivalent to a death sentence for many
without the funds to cover.

Republican death panel.

I was at my doc's office last week for a routine follow-up. After, I
was
in a short line, waiting to fork over my $10 co-pay. The woman in front
of me was diabetic and had visited the RN dietician in order to start a
weight loss program. It was her first visit and whatever insurance she
had didn't cover the visit. $200 out of pocket. If I had made that
visit, my co-pay would have been $10. A reasonable co-pay of $10 to $20
is affordable by many, and can be waived for those who don't have the
money. A high deductible would also keep people out of the doctor's
office.

Hey, if you are really sick, what is $25? Cutting off one bottle of Jack
Daniels would do a lot of people good. Lindsey Lohan, I am sure is a
fleabagger, would love to abuse such a system of no pay, make others
pay.

You really are an asshole. If you don't have $25, you don't have it.
Your assumption of alcoholism is just more bit of evidence of how much
of an asshole you are.

You're the one with the government provided health care, jackoff.

My plan punishes me for going to the ER. $100 co-pay. It'd make
anyone think twice about going, depending on the malady.

That's the equivalent to an insurance death panel based on economic
means.

If I had a weird case of indigestion but thought maybe it may be a
cardiac event (this happened to me), I'd probably say "screw it, my
life is worth the $100, I'm going" but I know there are some who'd
forego the expense and hope for the best.

Reply:
You do not have any money? Go to ER. They will treat you as required by
the law and charge the visit to those with money. The insurance $100 you
pay will help subsidize those without money.

ER's are insanely expensive and one of the reasons that health care
reform is needed. If those who are indigent could see a regular
doctor instead of having to use the ER as primary care, all our tax
bills will see the benefit.

Reply:

Very true. And part of the reason ER is expensive is the cost of treating
those indigents. I recommend what they have in Italy. Pronto Socorso.
(sp?). First response. Sort of a doctors office at the hospital for the
non emergency stuff. Is free to all in Italy, even non Italians. Has
doctor a nurse an aid and a clerk. There was a line up when I went, cracked
tooth, but the line went quickly. ER costs money there.

Bummer for you that the other rightwingers are vehemently opposed to
this sort of safety net.

OATMEAL? Good or bad?!?! Spiro Weville General 2 February 28th 11 08:42 AM
Medicare Advantage consumers will lose benefits Toots Sweet General 8 September 24th 09 04:22 PM
Good to Bad Joe ASA 0 December 3rd 05 06:55 PM
O.T. Good/Bad jps General 8 October 18th 04 08:05 PM
A good NG gone bad Jim Brinson General 19 April 21st 04 02:32 PM