Jim Brinson

Default A good NG gone bad

I have been participating in this NG on and off for about 8 years. My
political leanings have been and will continue to be my own business.
With over 40 years experience as a boater and almost as many years in
the marine business, there have been times that I felt that I had
something of value to contribute.
Hopefully some of my posts have proved useful.
In my opinion, this group is out of control, at least as far as
providing useful information is concerned. The NG has changed - and not
for the good.
But, the majority rules; apparently political comments are now the
expected norm. What a shame.

Good luck and good boating,
Jim

John Wentworth

Default OT: A good NG gone bad

I agree with your comments, the proportion of OT posts is now very high.
But, you have to acknowledge that people post OT because they get a
response. They are political people, who may not be boat people, who see
this forum as an audience for their beliefs. Not to be rude, but your
comments are expressed often, and nothing comes of them. Put the political
posters on ignore, or kill file, or block: Lose the losers!

"Jim Brinson" wrote in message
news
I have been participating in this NG on and off for about 8 years. My
political leanings have been and will continue to be my own business.
With over 40 years experience as a boater and almost as many years in
the marine business, there have been times that I felt that I had
something of value to contribute.
Hopefully some of my posts have proved useful.
In my opinion, this group is out of control, at least as far as
providing useful information is concerned. The NG has changed - and not
for the good.
But, the majority rules; apparently political comments are now the
expected norm. What a shame.

Good luck and good boating,
Jim

Florida Keyz

I tottally agree! Anyway I can help eliminate the O.T. @#$%^ let me know!

Sterling Kennedy
Key Largo Fl.
bajaman

I wish it was easy to get rid of these no-life (and likely no boat!)
puke-heads, but it seems like these lame-ass wannabe armchair politicians
are more interested in seeing their posts and keeping off-topic **** stirred
up, than in EVER contributing anything boating related.
I frequent a lot of newsgroups and am just amazed at the number of off-topic
posts by these LOSERS in rec.boats!
Listen up, you friggin' azz-wipes.....we really DON'T care about your
off-topic ramblings, so why the HELL don't you go and create your own little
cozy newsgroup where you can endlessly debate your bull****?
God....o/t posters are SUCH pieces of ****......

"Carl Craver" wrote in message
nk.net...
I couldn't agree more.
We've lost a lot of good people due to infighting, ot posts, and

politicts.
I for one, like giving helpful advice to fellow boaters.
I do get a bit "gun shy" on giving advice or opinions that are going to

get
argumets
from people who just love the conflict.
Let's clean up this group and we could cut the number of posts in half.

Maybe I'll stay this time.
Carl G. Craver

"Jim Brinson" wrote in message
news
I have been participating in this NG on and off for about 8 years. My
political leanings have been and will continue to be my own business.
With over 40 years experience as a boater and almost as many years in
the marine business, there have been times that I felt that I had
something of value to contribute.
Hopefully some of my posts have proved useful.
In my opinion, this group is out of control, at least as far as
providing useful information is concerned. The NG has changed - and not
for the good.
But, the majority rules; apparently political comments are now the
expected norm. What a shame.

Good luck and good boating,
Jim

LaBomba182

Subject: A good NG gone bad
From: "bajaman"

Listen up, you friggin' azz-wipes.....we really DON'T care about your
off-topic ramblings, so why the HELL don't you go and create your own little
cozy newsgroup where you can endlessly debate your bull****?
God....o/t posters are SUCH pieces of ****......

Why do you bother to see/read them?

I have one word for you Benjamin, filters!

Capt. Bill
Florida Keyz

Listen up, you friggin' azz-wipes.....we really DON'T care about your
off-topic ramblings, so why the HELL don't you go and create your own little
cozy newsgroup where you can endlessly debate your bull****?
God....o/t posters are SUCH pieces of ****......

Why do you bother to see/read them?

I have one word for you Benjamin, filters!

Capt. Bill

Capt. Bill needs to because a boater and a captain, instead of an "nothing to
do" ot poster.

We ( the boaters) are wanting to save this group, all you do bill is try and
distroy it with you high school OT postings and irrevelent worthless banter.

Your only way of contributing to this group it to try to upset posters and
chase people away.

What a cheap claim to fame, but then, you did earn it.

Man, I really don't like you at all.

In real life , you can't possibly be that much of a jerk, but then, mabe you
could bill.

Where do you get those filters that cut out the sphinters??
Capt Frank Hopkins

Hi Carl,

About all we can do is bob along in the stream of verbal pollution and
keep our heads above the slime. Ignore any flames, and immediately add the
sender to the killfile.

I have cut down on SO many posts by ignoramuses (that probably don't even
own a boat,) that I am only loading 100 messages a day.

You are most welcome to discuss anything about boats.
--
Capt. Frank

__c
\ _ | \_
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks

O.T. Some Good Points RGrew176 General 1 January 10th 04 08:04 AM
A Dickens Christmas Harry Krause General 0 December 25th 03 11:30 AM
Dry compression test Ok -wet not so good. Rebuild??? CaptMP General 20 September 23rd 03 12:41 PM
Good weekend, except for one little cover problem. Calif Bill General 0 July 30th 03 05:18 AM