Default A BIG choice to make...

....today. The weather is beautiful, the lawn is mowed, the truck oil is changed,
and my wife's out of town so I can play.

What to do, what to do? I could stay here and join the fray, or...
....I could go play golf!!

YES! Golf wins.

So, you *girls* and guys that haven't done so, yet, go he

http://centralva.info-komen.org/goto/reneewinckler

Click on the 'Donate to Renee' button, and put me in the poorhouse!

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:07:08 -0400, John H wrote:

...today. The weather is beautiful, the lawn is mowed, the truck oil is changed,
and my wife's out of town so I can play.

What to do, what to do? I could stay here and join the fray, or...
...I could go play golf!!

YES! Golf wins.

So, you *girls* and guys that haven't done so, yet, go he

http://centralva.info-komen.org/goto/reneewinckler

Click on the 'Donate to Renee' button, and put me in the poorhouse!

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great time!

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:34:15 -0400, John H
wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great time!

I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

wrote:

wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great time!

I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

I was bricking up a wall, thinking about John out on the course and
being a little envious.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/bump%20out.jpg

Obviously the dragon's teeth on the far end means "watch this space".
We are not sure what's next on that end of the patio. It will probably
be another deck and covered area like the tiki bar on the other side.

I didn't look that closely, but...

I think I see mortar of some sort under the first course at the bottom,
but I don't see any in the joints in the other courses. Are you using
something other than mortar? Did you remember the brick ties?

For a moment or two, I thought maybe you were using ersatz lightweight
brick, but...you wouldn't do that! Would you?

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:55:27 -0400,

wrote:

[...]

That is just shims to get the first course straight. I am going to
grout that when everything is set and pressure clean the brick.

Brick pavers, mortared to the block wall with flex thin set.

This is my wife setting the flag stones, you can see the wall behind
her.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/addi...0them%20in.jpg

We have the paver wall motif going on all over..
My shed
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/bric...ed%20house.jpg

The fireplace I thought would never work (it was the smiling lady's
idea). The pavers never exploded.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/JUDYFIR2.jpg

I finished it off after a few years of fires and no explosions.

This all started when Centex replaced all the driveways in a community
and they had one yard bags of these pavers going to the dump. I ended
up with thousands of pavers, looking for a use.

You're an ambitious guy!

I thought I was off the hook for a while, what with the deck and the
replacement of a slider with a double french door and the installation
of a storm door, but...a few weeks ago, I got talked into filling the
space between our fireplace mantle and the fireplace with green-black
ubatuba granite tiles.

wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great time!

I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

I was bricking up a wall, thinking about John out on the course and
being a little envious.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/bump%20out.jpg

Obviously the dragon's teeth on the far end means "watch this space".
We are not sure what's next on that end of the patio. It will probably
be another deck and covered area like the tiki bar on the other side.

Looks very nice...but the golf was probably more enjoyable.

wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great
time!

I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

Reply:
I was going to bring the boat home and work on it, but the nice weather
changed. A little rain already. Need to weld up some old holes drilled for
removed stuff, and get it ready to repaint. Buddy wants to go kayak, but he
is fighting a cold.

Here's your chance to make it big, froggy! H the K General 0 August 11th 09 12:04 PM
A Choice to make! John H[_8_] General 2 January 26th 09 06:38 PM
Still a big demand for big $$$ boating..... Chuck Gould General 22 May 18th 07 12:59 PM
Rules of the road: Big wins in Big vs Small John Reimer General 4 February 28th 07 03:43 PM
Big, really big, really, really big! and kinda off topic too..... *JimH* General 4 October 3rd 05 09:50 PM