*JimH*

Default Big, really big, really, really big! and kinda off topic too.....

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 19:52:38 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

......although some boats are made of wood......

heck, come to think of it, this might even BE a boat......

http://tinyurl.com/84adb

What the hell would you do with a bowl that big?

Have a big salad. ;-)

PocoLoco

wrote:

......although some boats are made of wood......

heck, come to think of it, this might even BE a boat......

http://tinyurl.com/84adb

What the hell would you do with a bowl that big?

Eat Bohnensuppe.

Imagine the size of the spoon that goes with it!
--
John H

Don White

wrote:

......although some boats are made of wood......

heck, come to think of it, this might even BE a boat......

http://tinyurl.com/84adb

What the hell would you do with a bowl that big?

Fill it with seawater, add half a dozen of the more disruptive rabid
righties who post here and turn up the heat to a slow boil.
They probably wouldn't notice the temperature change.
Bill McKee

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 00:31:01 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 00:16:30 GMT, Don White
wrote:

Fill it with seawater, add half a dozen of the more disruptive rabid
righties who post here and turn up the heat to a slow boil.
They probably wouldn't notice the temperature change.

Assuming they turn pink when done.....

Aren't they already pink? Sort of?

anybody got any horseradish about the size of an oak tree.....

Speaking of horseradish, I make my own sauce - my wife hates it
because the kitchen smells like hell after for at least a week.

Obviously, I don't make a lot of it.

One word. Outside. My dad used to make his own in the Oster Blender. One
day he dropped the spoon, and in cutting off the bottom of the spoon, the
rubber coupling in the base breaks. I pick one up at the Oster service
center in San Francisco and the guy asked "how did you break one of these?"
I told him grinding horshradish. He says that you need this big industrial
grinder to mush up the HR. A blender just can not do it. Decent salesman,
but after I informed him the blender does fine on horseradish, just not good
on stainless, he decided I was not in the market for his big machine.

Bill McKee

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 03:02:05 GMT, "Bill McKee"

. ..

wrote:

[...]

I use a crusher/grinder that's been in the family for years and years
- I'll bet this thing is at least hunnert years old.

What it does is crush the horseradish first, then grind it fine. Then
you reset the grinder, recrush and grind some more. As I remember it,
my mother used to then put it in a wood bowl and basically pulp it to
a paste with a mortor/pestel technique, but at that stage, I use a
blender.

mmmmmmmmmmmhorseradishmmmmmmmmmm

Anymore, I just buy Tule Lake brand horesradish. Very great quality.