Tim Tim is offline

Default A BIG choice to make...

On Apr 18, 1:34*pm, John H wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:07:08 -0400, John H wrote:
...today. The weather is beautiful, the lawn is mowed, the truck oil is changed,
and my wife's out of town so I can play.

What to do, what to do? I could stay here and join the fray, or...
...I could go play golf!!

YES! Golf wins.

So, you *girls* and guys that haven't done so, yet, go he

http://centralva.info-komen.org/goto/reneewinckler*

Click on the 'Donate to Renee' button, and put me in the poorhouse!

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great time!

I worked on some huge ag starters and alternators. That always helps
the bottom line.

?;^ )

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:00:58 -0700, "Califbill" wrote:

"Wayne B" wrote in message
.. .

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:34:15 -0400, John H
wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great
time!

I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

Reply:
I was going to bring the boat home and work on it, but the nice weather
changed. A little rain already. Need to weld up some old holes drilled for
removed stuff, and get it ready to repaint. Buddy wants to go kayak, but he
is fighting a cold.

We had another dummy go kayaking above the rapids in the Potomac today. Luckily, she got extracted
before she got killed.

http://tinyurl.com/3cds3up

wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great time!

I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

Whatcha doin'?

Just finished up two refigeration systems on the trawler, replacing an
older unit that was getting creaky. Launched the dinghy yesterday
for the first time in a couple of months and found a problem with the
battery switch. Fixed that and then took a spin across the river and
back, always an adventure in a 12 ft inflatable. Weather has been in
the 80s now for weeks - time to fly north with the snow birds.

wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great time!

I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

Whatcha doin'?

Just finished up two refigeration systems on the trawler, replacing an
older unit that was getting creaky. Launched the dinghy yesterday
for the first time in a couple of months and found a problem with the
battery switch. Fixed that and then took a spin across the river and
back, always an adventure in a 12 ft inflatable. Weather has been in
the 80s now for weeks - time to fly north with the snow birds.

Two refrigeration systems... I'm so glad you're middle class!

I think some people have a freezer in their garage.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 18:50:12 -0700, wrote:

Two refrigeration systems... I'm so glad you're middle class!

Sweat equity my poor confused woman, very middle class. The truly
wealthy call someone up and get it done for them. Installing it
themselves would interfere with tennis lessons or the bridge game.

Your turn: Define middle class.

"John H" wrote in message

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:00:58 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great
time!

I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

Reply:
I was going to bring the boat home and work on it, but the nice weather
changed. A little rain already. Need to weld up some old holes drilled
for
removed stuff, and get it ready to repaint. Buddy wants to go kayak, but
he
is fighting a cold.

We had another dummy go kayaking above the rapids in the Potomac today.
Luckily, she got extracted
before she got killed.

http://tinyurl.com/3cds3up

Reply:
Saw that on the news this morning while at the gym. She should be made to
reimburse all costs of rescue with maybe a 20% PREMIUM.

wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great time!

I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.

Whatcha doin'?

Just finished up two refigeration systems on the trawler, replacing an
older unit that was getting creaky. Launched the dinghy yesterday
for the first time in a couple of months and found a problem with the
battery switch. Fixed that and then took a spin across the river and
back, always an adventure in a 12 ft inflatable. Weather has been in
the 80s now for weeks - time to fly north with the snow birds.

Yup, it's getting to be right nice up here.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

Sure am glad I chose golf. Looks like I'm the only one who had a great time!
I've been working on the boats. That's always fun when it's
finished.
I was bricking up a wall, thinking about John out on the course and
being a little envious.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/bump%20out.jpg

Obviously the dragon's teeth on the far end means "watch this space".
We are not sure what's next on that end of the patio. It will probably
be another deck and covered area like the tiki bar on the other side.

Looks very nice...but the golf was probably more enjoyable.

Did you break 80?

I break 80 every time I play.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:09:00 -0700, "Califbill" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:00:58 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Agreed.

Here's your chance to make it big, froggy! H the K General 0 August 11th 09 12:04 PM
A Choice to make! John H[_8_] General 2 January 26th 09 06:38 PM
Still a big demand for big $$$ boating..... Chuck Gould General 22 May 18th 07 12:59 PM
Rules of the road: Big wins in Big vs Small John Reimer General 4 February 28th 07 03:43 PM
Big, really big, really, really big! and kinda off topic too..... *JimH* General 4 October 3rd 05 09:50 PM