Default Obama endorses slavery

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 16:01:41 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

wrote in message ...

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:51:49 -0700, wrote:

That's not clear that it's done. SS will turn around in the next few
years as employment and the economy improve.

Not with the Obama payroll tax cut. It can never recover from that,
even if we had 2006 employment levels.

Oh come on. That's so nonsensical to not past the sniff test.

OK prove it. Tell us the number of employees that rate would add, the
lesser amount you get with a 14% tax cut, then factor in the extra
boomers who have entered the SS benefit program since 2006 and get
back to me.
The projections SSA gave were based on people waiting until full
retirement age (66 right now) and I do not know ONE person who waited.
I am the only person I know who didn't take SS on their 62d birthday.
I waited until I was 64.
If you run the spread sheet, taking at 62 breaks even at age 78 or so
for most people. By waiting until 64, I pushed that out to 84 or so.
Of course that assumes you spend the money. I am investing it. That is
a win-win. I get a better return and if I really need it, I have it.

Reply:
The problem is the spending. We can double the amount of income tax
collected and we are still $100 billion short of a balanced budget. first
thing for Congress should do is kill base line budgeting. Who else in the
real world uses a guaranteed 13% increase each year as balanced? Then when
they say they are cutting a program, they will actually cut the money going
to the program. Now they state they are cutting 5% and the program still
gets an 8% increase in money. The US is in really deep ****, and I do not
really know if we can recover without a really bad recession. 1928 bad.
Bob says we can just print more money. Only as long as we are the world's
"Reserve Currency". Was British Pound Sterling for a long time, until they
devalued the pound. World bank is already talking about using SDR's
(Special Drawing Rights) as the new "Reserve Currency". A conglomeration of
weighted currencies. We have over consumed for years. Look at the trade
deficit for the last 40 years. The credit card is overdrawn and we can not
really declare bankruptcy. What we can do is quickly drop to 2nd or 3rd
world nation in purchasing power. Government is way to big, and consuming
way too much resources. We have about 2 times the amount of Federal
employees as we have manufacturing employees. Service Industry? Who will
be able to pay for the services? Obama is proposing a 4-5-6 Trillion debt
reduction over the next 10-12 years. At the most he will be in charge for 5
years. What is he proposing right now? Reductions? Nope, more excess
waste of money!

Reply: You're an idiot. Why don't you give up your Medicare. That'll
go a long way to solve our fiscal problems.

wrote in message ...

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:27:33 -0400, Harryk

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 11:31:25 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:25:45 -0400,

The projections SSA gave were based on people waiting until full
retirement age (66 right now) and I do not know ONE person who waited.
I am the only person I know who didn't take SS on their 62d birthday.
I waited until I was 64.
I'm just past "full retirement age," and i haven't put in for Social
Security or Medicare. I'm still working pretty close to full-time, and
even though I am just one person, I feel like my not taking money out
contributes, even if just a little bit, to a Social Security/Medicare
solution. Besides, the health care coverage I buy from my local union
is
better than Medicare. There's only a small annual deductible, no donut
hole for drugs, and a $10 copay and, best of all, no hassles from
providers.
Whatever works for you. Most people do not really have a choice on
Medicare. Their insurance will stop at age 65.

Therefore, according to the Right Wing NUTS, eliminate it! That makes
sense.

Easy enough to fix medicare. First, remove the cap on contributions.
Raise the rate on contributions if you are wealthy. Do more and more
stringent RAC audits. Set up better guidelines for treatment. Do more
criminal prosecutions for provider fraud. Require tough negotiations
with pharmaceutical companies.

It is not quite that simple. Medicare has grown twice as fast as the
GDP since FY2000.
I keep hearing that restoring the Clinton tax rates would bring us
back to the 2000 prosperity but that ignores the fact that GDP
increased 50% since then and spending more than doubled.
The entitlements are only getting worse.
Ryan may not be presenting a reasonable plan but, at least, he is
opening the debate.

Reply:
There is an upper limit on SS but not Medicare contributions.

wrote:

[...]

It's not a question of him presenting a "reasonable" plan. If his aim
was to present something worthy of discussion, to "open" the debate,
perhaps he should have presented a reasonable plan.

Also, nobody is claiming that restoring the Clinton-era tax rates
would bring us back to 2000 prosperity. What is being claimed is that
tax breaks for the upper class did NOTHING to help the economy. Those
tax rates would certainly help. A good place to start is to reinstate
the 3 or 4% the upper category.

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 17:41:26 -0400, Harryk
sent the following message
wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:58:59 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:11:19 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

You still don't get SS, because THERE IS NO SS DEFICIT.
SS is $2T in the black! SS taxpayers have already kicked it

in.
No matter what your - right wing in this case - ideology, you

can't get
around that. The SS Trust Fund is accounted for in black and

white.
Everybody knows that.
If not they can go to the SS website to get educated.
That's a U.S. government debt like any other and has to come

from
general revenue.
That would be true if the government had not spent every dime of

that
money. Right now the $2T that SS calls an asset, the treasury

calls a
debt. We can't even cover 60% of what we spend with our revenue.

How
in the hell will the government ever pay back those SS bonds?

Only a right winger would call a paid for old age pension system
"welfare."
When it becomes a means tested benefit, having no relation to

what you
paid in, it is welfare.

All other 1st world countries call their version of SS
"old age pension."
You're welcome to call it what you want because we can freely

speak
here. But most Americans who worked all their lives and now

collect SS
will just say "**** you" if you tell them they're collecting

welfare.
What are they going to say when the government simply taxes away

their
whole benefit because they make too much money. They already tax

85%
of SS if you make more than $32k. Bear in mind your FICA money

was
after tax money so that is already double taxation and you ain't

seen
nothing yet.

According to you.. someone who apparently has trouble with the

facts.

What's really sad is how our tax dollars are wasted, instead of

doing
good for the citizens. We should be slashing the military budget

and
hitting corporations that export jobs with very special taxes, and,

if
they head offshore, levy taxes on the goods and services they want

sell here.

Bravo. Trim the pork and protect our jobs. It's so simple; even a
maroon like you gets it.

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

True and it has still been upside down for several years.

This is a black hole that could consume all of all government revenue
in 2 decades. SS/Medicare is already well over a third.

Close loopholes for the wealth, raise their taxes, limit their ability
to send $$$ abroad, cut the military budget in half.