Default bottom paint?

See some anti fouling paint for 49 a gallon...some for 140 a gallon

any difference? any recommendations on bottom painting? bottom was
power washed last year and all loose paint is off. no flakes, and
what's there is solid. can i just paint over it?

On Mar 17, 8:10*pm, bpuharic wrote:
See some anti fouling paint for 49 a gallon...some for 140 a gallon

any difference? any recommendations on bottom painting? bottom was
power washed last year and all loose paint is off. no flakes, and
what's there is solid. can i just paint over it?

Yes, just paint over it after a bit of sanding to provide a rough
surface for adhesion.
Cheap vs expensive paint? Depends on how much fouling you get. If
you are in Florida and do not haul except every 4 years, go for the
expensive stuff. If you haul every year, got for the cheap stuff.
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 17, 7:10*pm, bpuharic wrote:
See some anti fouling paint for 49 a gallon...some for 140 a gallon

any difference? any recommendations on bottom painting? bottom was
power washed last year and all loose paint is off. no flakes, and
what's there is solid. can i just paint over it?

He's right about some sanding to scuff the surface, and seeing you
store the boat on the hard int he off seasons, I myself would be
tempted to go with the less expensive. I'm no pro painter, but unless
you apply a couple [or more] coats, I can't see why a gallon can't do
a 30 ft'r.

Are you planning on spraying or brushing it on?

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 17:52:58 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Mar 17, 7:10*pm, bpuharic wrote:
See some anti fouling paint for 49 a gallon...some for 140 a gallon

any difference? any recommendations on bottom painting? bottom was
power washed last year and all loose paint is off. no flakes, and
what's there is solid. can i just paint over it?

He's right about some sanding to scuff the surface, and seeing you
store the boat on the hard int he off seasons, I myself would be
tempted to go with the less expensive. I'm no pro painter, but unless
you apply a couple [or more] coats, I can't see why a gallon can't do
a 30 ft'r.

Are you planning on spraying or brushing it on?

good recommendations, guys....thanks

probably brush it on. too cheap for a sprayer!

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:42:53 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

Are you planning on spraying or brushing it on?

good recommendations, guys....thanks

probably brush it on. too cheap for a sprayer!

Rolling with a long pole attachment to get under the boat is a lot
easier.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 23:57:05 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:42:53 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

Are you planning on spraying or brushing it on?

good recommendations, guys....thanks

probably brush it on. too cheap for a sprayer!

Rolling with a long pole attachment to get under the boat is a lot
easier.

probably do that. boat's only about 4' off the ground...should work
out OK...

Bottom Paint ,,, 20 layers of Bottom Paint ,,, how to remove it. Thomas Wentworth Cruising 33 April 12th 06 12:31 AM
bottom paint [email protected] Boat Building 1 April 3rd 06 07:40 PM
FS: Bottom Paint tbp General 8 October 15th 04 05:33 PM
FS: Bottom Paint tbp General 0 October 6th 04 04:34 PM
Bottom paint? Is it necessary? tonycougar General 1 June 27th 04 03:47 PM