tonycougar

Default Bottom paint? Is it necessary?

Hello all, I bought a used boat back in april & have been trailering
it to the ramp. The bottom paint looks like it could be done over
again but was wondering since I trailer it & powerwash after using it
do I really need a bottom coat? Oh yeah, I take it out in Great South
Bay, LI, NY.

Thanks!
Tony Thomas

NO.
Bottom paint and barrior coat are required if you leave the boat in the
water all the time. Since you trailer the boat - it does not stay in the
water long enough for water absorbsion to blister the hull or algea to form
on the bottom.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com