Default bottom paint?

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:18:50 -0400, I_am_Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:42:53 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

Are you planning on spraying or brushing it on?

good recommendations, guys....thanks

probably brush it on. too cheap for a sprayer!

Rolling with a long pole attachment to get under the boat is a lot
easier.

Two words, "power roller"... That's all I am gonna' say cause I have
been painting for decades and have used everything... In fact, I have
everything

i actually have one of those...works very well

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 00:11:44 -0400, L G wrote:

Harryk wrote:
I_am_Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...
wrote:

Are you planning on spraying or brushing it on?
good recommendations, guys....thanks

probably brush it on. too cheap for a sprayer!
Rolling with a long pole attachment to get under the boat is a lot
easier.
Two words, "power roller"... That's all I am gonna' say cause I have
been painting for decades and have used everything... In fact, I have
everything
Most decent bottom paint is thick and heavy. Crawling under the boat
and
hand rolling is the only way to do it. IMHO

Now that you mention it, I wonder if bottom paint would work with an
entry level power roller... Hummmm. If so, it's the only way to paint.
Roller in one hand, brush in the other. I use the power roller basically
to lay the paint down, then "shape" it with the brush for interior and
exterior paint. Haven't used it for boat paint yet...

That's surprising, because from the looks of what is left of your
paint job on your rowboat, I would have thought you opened the can of
paint and threw the paint at the boat.

A lame attack with no other purpose...

It's how the guy enhances his self-esteem.

Yeah, by talking about a picture of a workboat in the middle of a
season Of course he (Harry Krause the Pedophile creeper) is boatless
anyway so it doesn't matter...

I_am_Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...
On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 00:11:44 -0400, L wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You have more excuses for the dilapidated state of your rowboat than
Duncan has varieties of doughnuts.

I'm sure the paint is still peeling, and the waterline/bottom paintline
looks as if it were painted by someone who was drunk.

For someone who claimed to be a boatbuilder, you sure turn out a crappy
product.

wrote:

[...]

For someone who claimed to be a writer, you sure
turn............................

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

[...]

You claimed to be a boat builder too. Let's see some of your work. No
stealing it off of the internet like your famous owls pictures!!
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryisPaul View Post
In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

I_am_Tosk wrote:
In
,
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

"Wetlander" is a product used on airboat bottoms that is tough, super slippery, and easy to apply with either a roller or a sprayer. And it doesn't need to be real thick to be effective. You can get it at www.airboatcoatings.com, or a reputable dealers in TX and FL. Best bottom paint you can buy, IMHO.

Bottom Paint ,,, 20 layers of Bottom Paint ,,, how to remove it. Thomas Wentworth Cruising 33 April 12th 06 12:31 AM
bottom paint [email protected] Boat Building 1 April 3rd 06 07:40 PM
FS: Bottom Paint tbp General 8 October 15th 04 05:33 PM
FS: Bottom Paint tbp General 0 October 6th 04 04:34 PM
Bottom paint? Is it necessary? tonycougar General 1 June 27th 04 03:47 PM