posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Default This is beyond sick - Thanks obama

On 3/13/2011 2:37 PM, WaIIy wrote:
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:54:26 -0400,
wrote:

On 3/12/11 11:31 PM, WaIIy wrote:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 13:43:05 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Subject

Bigotry, night and day you torture me.

Lew

Sorry, I posted this to the wrong group.

alt.whitepower?

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by
the content of their character." Martin Luther King - Dream Speech

The words affirmative action would have him rolling over in his grave.
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
jps jps is offline

wrote:

Subject

Bigotry, night and day you torture me.

Lew

Sorry, I posted this to the wrong group.

alt.whitepower?

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by
the content of their character." Martin Luther King - Dream Speech

The words affirmative action would have him rolling over in his grave.

Having been a victim of discrimination, he'd have welcomed a program
that'd help reintegrate blacks into mainstream society. That was what
affirmative action was meant to do. Like any policy, it probably
strayed a bit too far in one direction or another, but the basic
premise was a good one and worthy of pursuit.

We've come a long ways since "strange fruit" hung in the south for no
reason but we're by no means cured.

wrote:

[...]

MLK said nothing about pushing folks to the head of the line because
they are black. He wanted equal oportunities based on character and
intelligence. It is a simple sentence and still you don't get it.

wrote:

[...]

I'm not the one who doesn't get it. Whites still have an unfair
advantage in this country and you've got to be deaf, dumb and blind
not to recognize it.

You just don't want to admit it.

wrote:

[...]

The thread started out about having to lower passing grade on tests so
folks with lower IQs could pass them. Once they are able to pass the
tests, the quotas kick in. So why bother with testing at all?

* *wrote:

[...]

You have, obviously, never done social work..... drop the party line,
rub your eyes and check it out.... this is 2011 and your president
isn't a WASP...

--

Fort Agent 6.00 Build 1186

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by
the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover." * - Unknown

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
*http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm- Hide quoted text -

What is beyond sick is folks like JPS who continue to use the race
card as an election tool. This will inevidably make things worse for
race relations as time goes on and folks start to get ****ed at the
inequality. It only leads to punative govt organizations like Obama's
"Justice" (sic) Dept...

To listen to these ideologues play race card just to "bully" others
who don't see things their way, is just sick...
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

Gene, I live in a city that's well-educated and progressive. Our city
is deeply divided by color and economics and the kids in the central
district are in schools that are signficantly inferior to those in
middle-class and higher neighborhoods.

This is the same problem faced by city after city in America. Without
something specific being done about it, opportunity is less available
to children of color and specifically black children.

If you think hiring practices don't favor whites, you're wrong. If
you don't think a person of color is automatically considered a higher
risk for being a shoplifter, you're wrong. If you think that blacks
aren't 2 to 3 times more likely to be pulled over by police, you're
wrong. If you think that blacks aren't systematically given longer
sentences for similar crimes, you're wrong.

That Obama was elected was an amazing moment and stride forward for
our country. For you to assume in any way that represents our
emergence from bigotry and systematic undercutting of opportunity for
blacks is really naive.

Anyone can pull themselves up by the bootstraps, but it's
significantly harder for any black to do so when compared to a white.

When that's no longer true, perhaps we'll agree.

wrote:

[...]

I didn't have the privilege of seeing the earlier posts. For some
reason, rec.boats was brought in later in the thread.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

As usual, you can't think beyond the tiny little bubble of society you
live in. I grew up in a town where black and white all got the same
education as did millions of folks who do not live in NYC, Seattle, Los
Angles, etc... Just that you think they don't matter, right?

On 3/13/11 10:03 PM, I_am_Tosk wrote:

"I grew up in a town where black and white all got the same
education..."

You should apply for a refund.