Default This is beyond sick - Thanks obama

On 3/14/2011 6:38 AM, Harryk wrote:
On 3/13/11 10:03 PM, I_am_Tosk wrote:

"I grew up in a town where black and white all got the same
education..."

You should apply for a refund.

Correct.
It's likely he didn't get full value from his education. Public schools
are diploma factories.

On 3/14/11 7:13 AM, Ernie wrote:
On 3/14/2011 6:38 AM, Harryk wrote:
On 3/13/11 10:03 PM, I_am_Tosk wrote:

"I grew up in a town where black and white all got the same
education..."

You should apply for a refund.

Correct.
It's likely he didn't get full value from his education. Public schools
are diploma factories.

That's just more right-wing Faux News bulldork. Public schools deal with
lots of problems and have lots of problems, but there are plenty of
students who are doing well at those facilities, and plenty of students
who could be doing better with smaller class sizes, individualized
instruction and parents who took an active role in the education of
their kids.

Scott Ingersoll obviously had his mind on pussy or booze or crank during
his public school years. He wasn't paying attention in class.

On 3/14/11 7:13 AM, Ernie wrote:
[...]

Well, thank you, Ernie. Love your new handle. It isn't often I'm so
nicely complimented by one of drooling, mouth-breathing, mindless
right-wingers here.

In article ,
says...

Gene, I live in a city that's well-educated and progressive. Our city
is deeply divided by color and economics and the kids in the central
district are in schools that are signficantly inferior to those in
middle-class and higher neighborhoods.

Why are the schools significantly inferior to those in middle-class and
higher neighborhoods. Here in the Washington, D.C. area the Washington,
D.C. schools spend about $17,000 per year per student. Close to the
highest per student cost in the nation and the schools are more than
significantly inferior. Is the problem money? No.

This is the same problem faced by city after city in America. Without
something specific being done about it, opportunity is less available
to children of color and specifically black children.

What is the problem? Is it because they are cities and not suburbs? Is
it the preponderance of single parent families? Is it because in the two
parent families the parents are home when the students come home from
school? Could be.

If you think hiring practices don't favor whites, you're wrong. If
you don't think a person of color is automatically considered a higher
risk for being a shoplifter, you're wrong. If you think that blacks
aren't 2 to 3 times more likely to be pulled over by police, you're
wrong. If you think that blacks aren't systematically given longer
sentences for similar crimes, you're wrong.

Let's relax the marksmanship and driving standards. Why should we
discriminate based the fact that you cant hit the target you are
shooting at nor can you drive down the street without bouncing off of
the cars parked on either side of the street.

If you had two guys applying for a position would you lower the
requirements for the position to enable more non-whites eligible for the
position?

That Obama was elected was an amazing moment and stride forward for
our country. For you to assume in any way that represents our
emergence from bigotry and systematic undercutting of opportunity for
blacks is really naive.

It is only amazing to those who see people's skin as their single
identifying characteristic. Most of us on the right looked past his skin
color and found out that he was a left leaning if not falling left on
the ground type of guy. We decided that we didn't want a Marxist in the
White House. However everyone else was enamored with the half white and
half black guy and you all voted for him despite our warnings, which
have come true.

Anyone can pull themselves up by the bootstraps, but it's
significantly harder for any black to do so when compared to a white.

Why? When I was growing up the street I lived on had many military
officers. Do you know who the most senior officer on the street was? It
was the black guy. He made it to Lt. Gen in the USAF and none of the
white guys on the street made it to be general officers. Out of 12
military officers the black guy was the only one promoted to General.
And, this all occurred in the 70's and 80's.

When that's no longer true, perhaps we'll agree.

You need to stop treating people as projects and threat them as just
people.

On 3/14/11 8:03 AM, BAR wrote:

It is only amazing to those who see people's skin as their single
identifying characteristic. Most of us on the right looked past his skin
color and found out that he was a left leaning if not falling left on
the ground type of guy. We decided that we didn't want a Marxist in the
White House. However everyone else was enamored with the half white and
half black guy and you all voted for him despite our warnings, which
have come true.

1. Obama isn't a Marxist.
2. By today's right-wing extremist standards, Dwight Eisenhower and
Richard Nixon were left-leaners.
3. Your warnings? What? Vote instead for Old Man McCain and his crazy as
bat**** sidekick Sarah Palin? Bush left this country in a bloody awful
mess. Obama is at least trying to rescue it. He hasn't done enough, but
that's because of the right-wing extremists in Congress.

On 3/14/11 7:13 AM, Ernie wrote:
[...]

Just trying to be civil. You should give it a shot.

On 3/14/11 7:13 AM, Ernie wrote:
[...]

If you want to be "civil," you should enroll in a class that teaches you
what being "civil" entails. Now, before you think you've got a clever
comeback by posting that *I* am not civil, I want to assure you that I
am, but not necessarily in usenet, which, over the years has devolved
into the snakepit it is today.

On 3/14/11 7:13 AM, Ernie wrote:
[...]

You are what you post.