Tim Tim is offline

Default What is a SIMRAD?

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...oat-Show/80557

jsut ran across this and dont' ahve an ide what it is. i do know that
it has something with marine navigation, but i have no clue what it
does and i confess I'm not educated or experienced enoughto know what
it does and what it's good for. all i see is that it's an award winner
of some sorts.

Wayne?

On 2/27/11 9:25 PM, Tim wrote:
http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...oat-Show/80557

jsut ran across this and dont' ahve an ide what it is. i do know that
it has something with marine navigation, but i have no clue what it
does and i confess I'm not educated or experienced enoughto know what
it does and what it's good for. all i see is that it's an award winner
of some sorts.

Wayne?

SIMRAD is a manufacturer of boating electronics, such as radars. The
item in question is a depth finder module.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:25:08 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...oat-Show/80557

jsut ran across this and dont' ahve an ide what it is. i do know that
it has something with marine navigation, but i have no clue what it
does and i confess I'm not educated or experienced enoughto know what
it does and what it's good for. all i see is that it's an award winner
of some sorts.

Wayne?

Harry's description is correct as far as it goes. Simrad is claiming
a technology break through which allows higher resolution (more
detail) of fish and bottom contours. We'll see. Marine gadget hype
runs rampant this time of year. :-)

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...o-top-honours-...

jsut ran across this and dont' ahve an ide what it is. i do know that
it has something with marine navigation, but i have no clue what it
does and i confess I'm not educated *or experienced enoughto know what
it does and what it's good for. all i see is that it's an award winner
of some sorts.

Wayne?

Harry's description is correct as far as it goes. * Simrad is claiming
a technology break through which allows higher resolution (more
detail) of fish and bottom contours. *We'll see. * Marine gadget hype
runs rampant this time of year. * :-)

OK, I thought that SIMRAD was initials for something like Radio
Detection And Ranging (r.a.d.a.r).

"Marine gadget hype runs rampant this time of year. :-)"

kinda like "Be the first kid on your block to own...?"

wrote:

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...o-top-honours-...

jsut ran across this and dont' ahve an ide what it is. i do know that
it has something with marine navigation, but i have no clue what it
does and i confess I'm not educated *or experienced enoughto know what
it does and what it's good for. all i see is that it's an award winner
of some sorts.

Wayne?

Harry's description is correct as far as it goes. * Simrad is claiming
a technology break through which allows higher resolution (more
detail) of fish and bottom contours. *We'll see. * Marine gadget hype
runs rampant this time of year. * :-)

You mean, higher than " Side Scan Sonar " ?

Banned

Location: Russia
Send a message via ICQ to shendeddyhaxy

, , , , , , ,

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 17:45:13 -0500, Gene
wrote:

OK, I thought that SIMRAD was initials for something like Radio
Detection And Ranging (r.a.d.a.r).

Pretty Close:

"Simonsen Radio"

Learn something new every day.

Gene, have you been on 10 or 15 meters recently? Both really hot here
this week.

Lowrance - Simrad Butch Davis General 3 February 2nd 06 03:19 AM
Simrad GN30 Steve Lusardi Electronics 0 October 15th 05 04:59 PM
Speakng of Simrad Schoonertrash ASA 28 November 12th 03 03:37 AM
Simrad HT50 Bobsprit ASA 19 November 9th 03 10:51 PM
Simrad WP 30 Mike Page General 1 August 25th 03 03:25 AM