BoatBanter.com

-   -   What is a SIMRAD? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/125297-what-simrad.html)

Tim February 28th 11 02:25 AM

What is a SIMRAD?

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...oat-Show/80557

jsut ran across this and dont' ahve an ide what it is. i do know that
it has something with marine navigation, but i have no clue what it
does and i confess I'm not educated or experienced enoughto know what
it does and what it's good for. all i see is that it's an award winner
of some sorts.

Wayne?

Harryk February 28th 11 02:35 AM

What is a SIMRAD?

On 2/27/11 9:25 PM, Tim wrote:
http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...oat-Show/80557

jsut ran across this and dont' ahve an ide what it is. i do know that
it has something with marine navigation, but i have no clue what it
does and i confess I'm not educated or experienced enoughto know what
it does and what it's good for. all i see is that it's an award winner
of some sorts.

Wayne?

SIMRAD is a manufacturer of boating electronics, such as radars. The
item in question is a depth finder module.

Wayne.B February 28th 11 02:54 AM

What is a SIMRAD?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:25:08 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...oat-Show/80557

jsut ran across this and dont' ahve an ide what it is. i do know that
it has something with marine navigation, but i have no clue what it
does and i confess I'm not educated or experienced enoughto know what
it does and what it's good for. all i see is that it's an award winner
of some sorts.

Wayne?

Harry's description is correct as far as it goes. Simrad is claiming
a technology break through which allows higher resolution (more
detail) of fish and bottom contours. We'll see. Marine gadget hype
runs rampant this time of year. :-)

Tim February 28th 11 03:28 AM

What is a SIMRAD?

wrote:

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...o-top-honours-...

jsut ran across this and dont' ahve an ide what it is. i do know that
it has something with marine navigation, but i have no clue what it
does and i confess I'm not educated *or experienced enoughto know what
it does and what it's good for. all i see is that it's an award winner
of some sorts.

Wayne?

Harry's description is correct as far as it goes. * Simrad is claiming
a technology break through which allows higher resolution (more
detail) of fish and bottom contours. *We'll see. * Marine gadget hype
runs rampant this time of year. * :-)

OK, I thought that SIMRAD was initials for something like Radio
Detection And Ranging (r.a.d.a.r).

"Marine gadget hype runs rampant this time of year. :-)"

kinda like "Be the first kid on your block to own...?"

*e#c February 28th 11 04:01 AM

What is a SIMRAD?

wrote:

http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/...o-top-honours-...

jsut ran across this and dont' ahve an ide what it is. i do know that
it has something with marine navigation, but i have no clue what it
does and i confess I'm not educated *or experienced enoughto know what
it does and what it's good for. all i see is that it's an award winner
of some sorts.

Wayne?

Harry's description is correct as far as it goes. * Simrad is claiming
a technology break through which allows higher resolution (more
detail) of fish and bottom contours. *We'll see. * Marine gadget hype
runs rampant this time of year. * :-)

You mean, higher than " Side Scan Sonar " ?

shendeddyhaxy February 28th 11 10:09 PM

, , , , , , ,

Wayne.B March 3rd 11 01:15 AM

What is a SIMRAD?

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 17:45:13 -0500, Gene
wrote:

OK, I thought that SIMRAD was initials for something like Radio
Detection And Ranging (r.a.d.a.r).

Pretty Close:

"Simonsen Radio"

Learn something new every day.

Gene, have you been on 10 or 15 meters recently? Both really hot here
this week.