Default Uh, I got the chainsaw blues....

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 22:42:36 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 11:09:23 -0800 (PST), John H
wrote:

On Feb 3, 1:41*pm, Spooker wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 16:14:00 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

Lots of trees down due to the ice storms yesterday. *and blocking
peoples drives etc. been cutting wood for most of the day... The only
structural casualty we found was a guy had some kind of an old garage
behind his house. maybe built in the 20's that an oak limb took out.
The garage was rotten and leaning anyhow. no big loss.

Some of the loggers i was working with, were talking about the new
fuel proposels and they're not happy with it either. * Already the EPA
has forced the mfj's to reduce the amount of bar oil which is applied
to the chain to reduce "waste emissions?"

And certain models of Stehl saws are having a problem burning up
chains and bars due to lack of lubrication.

i don't know where the decent middle row is but I'm not liking what
I'm seeing for the future of the 2-cycle industry.

Anyhow, about 6 of us moved a heck of a lot of wood today. I'm feeling
it too!

I've got a small two stroke Poulan 18"er chain saw, but I'm thinking of getting
an electric one. My former neighbor had one, and he could handle most things
around the yard. Also, he never seemed to have a problem getting it started. Any
ideas on who makes a decent one?

Craftsman

Yeah, I just looked at the Sears site. They've got one that looks
pretty good.

http://tinyurl.com/4obum58

Thanks. I'd not looked at Sears yet.

You should look around and see who makes "sears" these days.

Sears has never been one to broadcast the maker of it's Craftsman tools, but
I've never thought they were anything special. I just liked the fact that I
could keep a bag for the broken and/or rusty ones and take them back for nice
new ones.

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Sears' powertools are always made by the lowest bidder.

Here's a good tool buying guide.
http://www.madeinusa.org/nav.cgi?data/tool

--
Ziggy®

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 08:51:28 -0500, "Ziggy®" wrote:

"BAR" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Gotta admit they lost a little credibility when I saw the 'Harbor Freight' link.
But then I saw this and became a believer again:

http://www.madeinusa.org/unions.gif

Great sign.

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:10:19 -0500, "Ziggy®" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

The tools do say where they were made.

True, but you've just about got to see the package. I just looked at this chain
saw ad, and I couldn't find the maker anywhere.

http://tinyurl.com/6ewcm99

"John H" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 08:51:28 -0500, "Ziggy®" wrote:

"BAR" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

That sign says it all.

Great sign.

I read the caption beside the Harbor Freight link. It said a few of their
products are still made in USA.

--
Ziggy®

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:46:58 -0500, "Ziggy®" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 08:51:28 -0500, "Ziggy®" wrote:

"BAR" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

They're damn hard to spot while walking throught the store!

A bit of the blues... Harry  General 1 August 16th 10 06:18 PM
Gasahol Blues sherwin dubren General 50 August 2nd 10 01:35 PM
End of Season Blues Boater General 30 October 25th 08 02:22 PM
Blues, Brews, and Canoes [email protected] General 5 May 5th 05 04:45 AM
Them Liberal Blues. Harry Krause General 2 August 13th 03 02:19 AM