Tim Tim is offline

Default Speaking of 'bubble boats'...

http://www.sail-world.com/news_std.c...6&rid=1&sc=arc

I dont' see why they would call this a 'bubble' boat seeing there's
little 'bubble' about it, but it does look like it could be fun, that
is *IF* you can find clear enough water to use it.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 10, 8:11*pm, Gene wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:03:31 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

http://www.sail-world.com/news_std.c...6&rid=1&sc=arc

I dont' see why they would call this a 'bubble' boat seeing there's
little 'bubble' about it, but it does look like it could be fun, that
is *IF* *you can find clear enough water to use it.

Apparently, the designer gave it that name.... doesn't make much
sense, though, does it....

I'm guessing that the project went Tango Uniform, sincewww.bubbleboat.comno longer resolves to an active address....

--
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are
enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
*http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm

Fort Agent 6.00 Build 1186

You're right, Gene. it didnt' make much sense, and i didn't realize
that page was almost 4 years old. still it's kind of a cool little
craft but would be utterly useless around here. But seeing it was an
Austrailian company, I suppose they would have enough clear water on
lakes etc to have 'em down under.

eh... who knows?

"4:52 PM Tue 24 Apr 2007 "
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 10, 9:26*pm, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

There are lots of places where this would be fun. The Keys springs to
mind. Where we were in Nassau you could see bottom in 20 feet of
water.

Oh, i know. but from where I live it would be great, 'just about
anywhere but here'

LOL!

wrote:

[...]

Yeah but... we'll be the ones enjoying perfect boating conditions from May
till October.

wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:52:06 -0400, "YukonBound"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

As long as you don't want to get in the water.
I suppose I could get used to 75 degree water but I prefer it warmer.

Boating is pretty much perfect here now if you don't mind it being in
the 70s. My wife still wears a jacket and long pants at 75 and doesn't
even want to go if it is colder than that.

75 F water would be hard to find around here. Anything in the high 60's
will do for swimming.

"Gene" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:33:33 -0400, "YukonBound"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So.... in the middle of one of our recent coldest winters, it is
swimming weather???? B-r-r-r--r-r-r-r--r-r-

Naw... I was referring to mid-summer up here.

Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 11, 7:40*pm, L G wrote:
Tim wrote:
http://www.sail-world.com/news_std.c...6&rid=1&sc=arc

I dont' see why they would call this a 'bubble' boat seeing there's
little 'bubble' about it, but it does look like it could be fun, that
is *IF* *you can find clear enough water to use it.

Cool!

Yeah, really. I'd never seen nor heard of one, but for what it is and
where it could be used, I dont' know why it didn't take off any
better. you'd think there'd be a good market for it in clear water
regions.

maybe there really is but not really known in the U.S.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 11, 8:18*pm, Tim wrote:
On Jan 11, 7:40*pm, L G wrote:

Tim wrote:
http://www.sail-world.com/news_std.c...6&rid=1&sc=arc

I dont' see why they would call this a 'bubble' boat seeing there's
little 'bubble' about it, but it does look like it could be fun, that
is *IF* *you can find clear enough water to use it.

Cool!

Yeah, really. I'd never seen nor heard of one, but for what it is and
where it could be used, I dont' know why it didn't take off any
better. *you'd think there'd be a good market for it in clear water
regions.

maybe there really is but not really known in the U.S.

Or.. maybe it was a crap design and folded up and drowned people..

who knows?

Speaking of Wooden Boats... [email protected] General 0 November 17th 09 11:11 PM
Speaking of boats... HK General 2 February 12th 08 02:56 PM
Speaking of New Boats... John H. General 60 August 21st 07 05:27 PM
Speaking of boats... Short Wave Sportfishing General 48 May 20th 07 12:21 AM
Speaking of new boats... Short Wave Sportfishing General 0 February 11th 05 01:27 AM