Default Almost ready to go

Frogwatch wrote:
On Dec 21, 7:48 pm, wrote:

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:22:56 -0500, L wrote:

It is much cheaper to buy an unlocked GSM phone, about $50 on the
internet. When you get to the Bahamas go to the nearest Batelco
office (they are everywhere) and buy a Bahamas SIM card for $13. Then
you buy prepaid minutes as needed, usually in $20 increments. Batelco
cell service is very good throughout the islands and costs a lot less
than $1.39/minute.

It doesn't work offshore.

He's not sailing offshore, just island to island.

Satellitephonestore.com. Iridium 9505A for $35/week and 120 minutes
for $1.39/minute. This is more minutes than I EVER use any phone for
in a month but I expect others to use it. My employees also sorta
freak out if they cannot reach me so I promised em I'd get the sat
phone.

That's cheap! Thanks for the info!

Are you ready? Short Wave Sportfishing General 42 February 5th 08 03:35 AM
We're still not ready NOYB General 5 October 31st 05 12:47 PM
We're still not ready NOYB General 0 October 31st 05 12:00 AM
Get Ready Bobsprit ASA 1 November 4th 03 10:42 PM
Almost ready bkr General 18 September 26th 03 07:48 PM