Default Caught a mess o smoked mullet

Took the Tolman out yesterday, out of St Marks to the flats fishing
for reds, totally skunked except a small trout and some bait thieves.
However, we managed to snag some good smoked mullet at a seafood house
on the way home. Mighta been too cold for the reds although my
sounder said the water temp was 61 degrees.
Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 29, 8:53*am, Frogwatch wrote:
Took the Tolman out yesterday, out of St Marks to the flats fishing
for reds, totally skunked except a small trout and some bait thieves.
However, we managed to snag some good smoked mullet at a seafood house
on the way home. *Mighta been too cold for the reds although my
sounder said the water temp was 61 degrees.

Now, how do you catch "smoked" mullet???

Tim wrote:
On Nov 29, 8:53 am, wrote:

Took the Tolman out yesterday, out of St Marks to the flats fishing
for reds, totally skunked except a small trout and some bait thieves.
However, we managed to snag some good smoked mullet at a seafood house
on the way home. Mighta been too cold for the reds although my
sounder said the water temp was 61 degrees.

Now, how do you catch "smoked" mullet???

A $20 and a friendly waitress.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:37:13 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Nov 29, 8:53*am, Frogwatch wrote:
Took the Tolman out yesterday, out of St Marks to the flats fishing
for reds, totally skunked except a small trout and some bait thieves.
However, we managed to snag some good smoked mullet at a seafood house
on the way home. *Mighta been too cold for the reds although my
sounder said the water temp was 61 degrees.

Now, how do you catch "smoked" mullet???

With money.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

John H

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:22:05 -0500, L G wrote:

Tim wrote:
On Nov 29, 8:53 am, wrote:

Took the Tolman out yesterday, out of St Marks to the flats fishing
for reds, totally skunked except a small trout and some bait thieves.
However, we managed to snag some good smoked mullet at a seafood house
on the way home. Mighta been too cold for the reds although my
sounder said the water temp was 61 degrees.

Now, how do you catch "smoked" mullet???

A $20 and a friendly waitress.

We used to buy them in stands along the road up north of Merritt Island, FL.
They'd net 'em in the canals, smoke 'em, and sell 'em in roadside stands. Good
eating.

On Nov 29, 7:22*pm, L G wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Nov 29, 8:53 am, *wrote:

Took the Tolman out yesterday, out of St Marks to the flats fishing
for reds, totally skunked except a small trout and some bait thieves.
However, we managed to snag some good smoked mullet at a seafood house
on the way home. *Mighta been too cold for the reds although my
sounder said the water temp was 61 degrees.

Now, how do you catch "smoked" mullet???

A $20 and a friendly waitress.

Ah. like the ones you might find working in a Tennessee Waffle House?

Tim wrote:
On Nov 29, 8:53 am, *wrote:

Took the Tolman out yesterday, out of St Marks to the flats fishing
for reds, totally skunked except a small trout and some bait thieves.
However, we managed to snag some good smoked mullet at a seafood house
on the way home. *Mighta been too cold for the reds although my
sounder said the water temp was 61 degrees.

Now, how do you catch "smoked" mullet???

A $20 and a friendly waitress.

We used to buy them in stands along the road up north of Merritt Island, FL.
They'd net 'em in the canals, smoke 'em, and sell 'em in roadside stands. Good
eating.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

John H

A Waitress????

Surely you didn't think I was talking about the damn, smelly fish, did you?
--

Hope you're having a great day!

John H

Let them eat fruitwood-smoked quail Boater General 6 November 16th 08 08:10 PM
Whoa - Clinton is getting smoked... Short Wave Sportfishing General 81 February 7th 08 12:03 AM
What a mess SoFarrell General 37 June 16th 05 01:00 PM
Cheney caught on film, Bush SR. caught on film Gould 0738 General 35 September 15th 04 08:33 PM
What a mess! Pony Express ASA 0 September 17th 03 02:08 PM