Default Can somebody recommend a boating newsgroup?

On Aug 27, 11:16*am, Secular Humanist wrote:
In article , says...

On 8/27/10 10:12 AM, Jay Hanig wrote:
Not to be snotty about it, but this one appears to be 99% political
commentary. I'm a new boat owner and looking for information actually
about boating.

Jay

http://www.thehulltruth.com/

It's a posting board, but it is moderated, though not heavily, and there
are far fewer racist, hateful right-wingers posting there.

Oh, so that sites political in nature too, spoofer?

When we stick to only boating, the posts here are so few that the
groups seems to shut down. I think that most regulars have just run
out of boating things to talk about so we argue politics. Maybe some
new blood will give us some boating stuff to discuss.

In article 227c5963-60da-41cc-adf5-c8a79321c617
@y11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, says...

On Aug 27, 11:16*am, Secular Humanist wrote:
In article , says...

On 8/27/10 10:12 AM, Jay Hanig wrote:
Not to be snotty about it, but this one appears to be 99% political
commentary. I'm a new boat owner and looking for information actually
about boating.

Jay

http://www.thehulltruth.com/

It's a posting board, but it is moderated, though not heavily, and there
are far fewer racist, hateful right-wingers posting there.

Oh, so that sites political in nature too, spoofer?

When we stick to only boating, the posts here are so few that the
groups seems to shut down. I think that most regulars have just run
out of boating things to talk about so we argue politics. Maybe some
new blood will give us some boating stuff to discuss.

It would be nice, but how many good boaters and other interested folks
has Harry run off over the years?

Lemme' see

Karen the plumbing lady
Mad Cow (also a woman, getting a pattern here?) Harry stalked her right
to her marina, she got scared and left the group.

Dick

Tom

I am sure the list goes on and on...

--
Rowdy Mouse Racing - We race for cheese!

Only if they don't get driven off by the bull****.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a Mac, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a Mac, it's from an ID

"Jay Hanig" wrote in message
Not to be snotty about it, but this one appears to be 99% political
commentary. I'm a new boat owner and looking for information actually
about boating.

Jay

I understand your concern. Ask your questions and we'll see if we can help
you.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a Mac, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a Mac, it's from an ID
spoofer who hasn't the balls to post with his own ID.

Jim Jim is offline

Harry ? wrote:
"Jay Hanig" wrote in message
Not to be snotty about it, but this one appears to be 99% political
commentary. I'm a new boat owner and looking for information actually
about boating.

Jay

I understand your concern. Ask your questions and we'll see if we can
help you.

This one wins the "Stupid Funny" prize for 2010.
A spoofer with a spoofer tag saying "We'll see if we can help you."
The best "help" this guy can get is to be directed elsewhere.

Jim - The best humor is unintended. I think.

On Aug 27, 9:12*am, Jay Hanig wrote:
Not to be snotty about it, but this one appears to be 99% political
commentary. *I'm a new boat owner and looking for information actually
about boating.

Jay

Are you looking for info on boats or fishing?

Bassresource.com (bass fishing) and Catfish1.com (catfishing), and
iboats.com is a good one too.
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 27, 9:12*am, Jay Hanig wrote:
Not to be snotty about it, but this one appears to be 99% political
commentary. *I'm a new boat owner and looking for information actually
about boating.

Jay

http://forums.iboats.com/

Is an excellent forum, but it loads slower than the 7 year itch a lot
of times. otherwise there's lots of valuable discussion on there
boating in general, mechanics, hull repair and restoration.

On Aug 28, 4:52*pm, Tim wrote:
On Aug 27, 9:12*am, Jay Hanig wrote:

Not to be snotty about it, but this one appears to be 99% political
commentary. *I'm a new boat owner and looking for information actually
about boating.

Jay

http://forums.iboats.com/

Is an excellent forum, but it loads slower than the 7 year itch a lot
of times. otherwise there's lots of valuable discussion on there
boating in general, mechanics, hull repair and restoration.

but it loads slower than the 7 year itch a lot of times.

Your old Comp acting up...again. Dial up sucks, huh?

Since this newsgroup is now nothing more than... hk General 67 August 10th 08 03:23 PM
Since this newsgroup is now nothing more than... [email protected] General 2 August 10th 08 12:43 AM
This newsgroup has SallyRd General 54 May 27th 05 02:22 AM
This is a BOATING RECREATIONAL NEWSGROUP Drew General 16 October 16th 04 09:59 PM
Can Someone Recommend Intro to Boating-Power? AB General 6 February 28th 04 03:37 AM