Default Boat Food Techniques - Part IV (Boating With The Tuna Fish Sandwich)

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

YukonBound wrote:

"Harry ?" wrote in message
"Secular Humanist" wrote in message
On 8/25/10 10:30 AM, YukonBound wrote:

"I am Tosk" wrote in message
In article ,

says...

In article om,
says...

wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:22:01 -0500, Jim wrote:

Now, The Tuna Fish Sandwich can NOT be transported to the boat
without
getting soggy. No way, no how.

Not true.
The trick is you make the tuna fairly dry (less mayo than you

normally
want) and seal the bread with mayo before you put the tuna
on. The
mayo will prevent the bread from getting soggy.
If you watch the deli guy, that is the way they do it.

A good way to avoid the soggies is to buy a nice piece of smoked,
fresh tuna
and build the sandwich around that! Nice kaiser roll, not a lot of
mayo,
lettuce, tomato and mild onion.....
So much better and different from what mom used to make, I doubt
many would
recognise what they are eating.

You don't put the mayo or mustard on the bread. Put the cheese on
the
bread and then put the mayo or mustard on the cheese.

Never, it makes the whole sandwich slide out when you are
driving...
Just use thick rolls, "soggies" are really not much of an issue. I
don't
make sandwiches with sliced bread, well, maybe peanut butter or a
tomato
sandwich, but not a meat and veggie sandwich if I can help it.

--
Rowdy Mouse Racing - We race for cheese!

You're wolfing down sandwiches while you drive?
Thank God I don't have to drive your roads!

He probably has sex with himself while greasing up a motorbike chain.
The guy is a schlub...there's just no other way to describe him.

We make "boatwiches" here by putting the "innards" in plastic lid
containers (cold cuts, cheese, chicken salad, veggies,tuna salad, et
cetera), and putting the containers in the cooler. We wrap the round
or sub rolls separately and put them in plastic baggies. When it is
time to eat, we just uncover/unwrap what we want and make a sandwich.

The mayo and mustard we like is available in small single-serve foil
pouches.

No muss, no fuss, no soggy sandwiches.

An upside down plastic bucket makes a nice table on which you can
prepare your sandwich. For less aromatic and more sanitary
experience, make sure you use a different bucket from the uh, you
know, honey bucket.

The Freak doesn't care about that. It would probably add a touch of
flavour to his bland sandwiches.
He claims to have been a trucker at one time.
I can just see him ****ing into quart sized milk jugs and tossing them
out the car window.
Great example for the kiddies.

You see it so vividly that they are quart-sized and not 1/2 gallons or
is that some stunt you pulled?

Where the **** it he coming up with this stuff? His concubine moved out
and he has been getting pretty agitated as most here can see. Pretty
much confirmed what we have all been thinking. What a shame, poor kid...

Hey, little schitt, even I said that he's acting like a pussy lately.

In article ,
says...

"I am Tosk" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

YukonBound wrote:

"Harry ?" wrote in message
"Secular Humanist" wrote in message
On 8/25/10 10:30 AM, YukonBound wrote:

"I am Tosk" wrote in message
In article ,

says...

In article om,
says...

wrote in message
[...]

What you've been thinking is probably illegal in half the states and
certainly all of Canada!

It's illegal for you to be stark raving loony?
mmc mmc is offline

"I am Tosk" wrote in message
In article m,
says...

"JustWaitAFrekinMinute!" wrote in
message
On Aug 25, 9:43 am, "mmc" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I like my canned "tuna" . I spend a lot of time with three days of
food in a cooler. Usually the first day (travel day) consists of a
good breakfast of egg, meat, potato, cheese, milk, cereal and lot's of
water. For the trip on day one we take huge sandwiches made with 12-15
inch sub rolls. As to the soggies, put the cheese over the mayo and
stuff the rest.in threre, it stays just fine. That and some snacks
make up lunch and dinner that day. Much easier to set up the cooking
stuff the next morning when camp is set...

----------
Canned tuna is fine it just doesn't compare to fresh. A sandwich like I
described above is like having a prime rib instead of a big mack.
Man, now I'll have to run up to the smokehouse at Port Canaveral!

Guess I need to try the good stuff

--
Rowdy Mouse Racing - We race for cheese!

I know this is off the tuna topic, but I like to have canned chicken
onboard. It's good for salads, soups, noodles and is as handy and durable as
canned tuna.

YukonBound wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
YukonBound wrote:

"I am Tosk" wrote in message
In article ,

says...

In article om,
says...

wrote in message
[...]

When I was on the road everyday I could eat a burrito and drive with
my knee. When you get old, some things are harder to do.

Used to drive the Elite delivery truck?
My, you have moved up.

Say what?

In article m,
says...

On Aug 25, 9:43 am, "mmc" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Yes, we get the cans of whitemeat chunk chicken too. Use them about the
same way as Tuna.. In tuna we up sweet like diced grapes or apple, in
Chicken salad we like brown mustard and hot dog relish... Salt and
pepper to taste...

On Aug 25, 9:43 am, "mmc" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I don't eat any tuna unless it's sashimi grade, the best there is. I'm
much too refined and cultured to eat sandwiches.