Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dr. Dr. Smithers

Default Update 69K cheese sandwich. Christmas Decoration? $15k cheese sandwich....

Ebay has reinstated the bid for the Virgin Mary sandwich after determining
it was a legitimate item and not a joke. The current bid is at 69K, You
must be preapproved and verified before you are allowed to bid on the item.

All I have to say, is I am going to start grilling some cheese sandwiches.

"Dr. Dr. Smithers" wrote in message news:...
JimH,
My guess is Chuck posted this as a joke.

"JimH" wrote in message

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Here's an item that boggles the mind.

A woman in Florida is selling a grilled cheese sandwich on E-bay.
I don't know if the bidding has closed, I found dozens of references to
this in
Google and as of Nov. 12 the bidding had surpassed $15,000.

This particular half sandwich, (with a bite already taken), is bringing
this
kind of money because the burn marks on the bread are believed to reveal
the
image of
the Virgin Mary.

Just in time for the holidays. Maybe we have a solution to the First
Amendment
dilemna- those towns and cities who feel compelled to invest tax dollars
in
religiously specific decoration can put up images of red and green
cheese
sandwiches. That ought to just about satisfy all sides of the question.
:-)

http://liberalorder.typepad.com/the_..._mary_che.html

Only you could somehow find a way to tie a cheese sandwich to religious
symbols on public property. It somehow all ties together in your
mind....eh Chuck?