Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Default Gasahol Blues

For years now, I have been fighting the problems keeping my 4
stroke Ymmaha T9.9 running. Even with adding preservatives to
the gas tank, replacing the fuel delivery system, and adding
a 19 micron filter inline with the gas feed, the tiny jets on
this engine occasionally block up. Nothing helps short of tearing
down the carb to clean them. Most of the modern gas engines have
these small jets that continually block up. Gasahol is mostly to
blame either because it dissolves any loose dirt in your system
or breaks down into something that eventually blocks the carbs.

Now we have an increase of alcohol being pushed by our farmers
to 15 per cent instead of the current 10 percent. This is sure
to make the problem worse. The engine manufacturer's have not
come up with a really good solution. Just band-aid fixes like
adding inline filters and preservatives to the gas. This is
taking all the fun out of boating and can even be a safety issue.

Sherwin

Friday Morning Blues! Loogypicker[_2_] General 1 April 30th 10 05:25 PM
End of Season Blues Boater General 30 October 25th 08 02:22 PM
Monday Morning Blues Joe ASA 1 September 10th 07 07:14 PM
Blues, Brews, and Canoes [email protected] General 5 May 5th 05 04:45 AM
Them Liberal Blues. Harry Krause General 2 August 13th 03 02:19 AM