Tim Tim is offline

Default Shallow water outboards

On Jun 14, 12:55*pm, "Happy" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Jun 14, 10:53 am, "Happy" wrote:

do you ever get over to the Iboats forums? best forums on the net.
look for mrcrabs

best regards,
Doug- Hide quoted text -

I'll see if I can spot you out.

Thanks!

I'm mostly over at the "other outboards" helping Eska owners
*but theres a pic of my 1969 marquis in the trihull club post at the
restoration forum.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread....ght=tri+hull+c....

Excellent! Now that you mentioned it. My 23 ft Marquis has the gas
tank buried under the floor. Its in fine shape but I'm wondring what
the capacity is? I can't find any specs for it on the ID plate, and
I've looked the 'net for it and have come up with nothering. It is an
inboard metal unit. mounted off center ad on the port side. There is a
small hatch in the floor where a person can access the sending unit,
and that's it. Not enough room to measure it.

Doug do you have any ideas?

"Tim" wrote in message
On Jun 14, 12:55 pm, "Happy" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Jun 14, 10:53 am, "Happy" wrote:

[...]

Mine is 18 gallon aluminum tank mounted under the splash well, surely yours
is bigger and should have a tag,
Marquis is a hard boat to get specs on, but I have seen some, if you dig
deep enough some of the original employees and designers went on to other
boat builders, but I do know that Al fink of Stingray bought marquis, so you
might e-mail them and see what they say, some of the older stingrays hulls
will look just like your boat. Its hard to tell the dif from old stingrays
and a marquis. do you have the big coat of arms on your boat?

Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 14, 2:31*pm, "Happy" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Jun 14, 12:55 pm, "Happy" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

On Jun 14, 10:53 am, "Happy" wrote:

[...]

and a marquis. do you have the big coat of arms on your boat?- Hide quoted text -

Thanskf or the information about stingray and marquis. Yep, my boat is
a 23' w/small cuddie and is white with the brown stripe and a huge
emblem toward the rear. jsut some funny observance, it matches my 1990
Mercury Colony Park stationwagon I tow it with . It's a white 'woody'
with the fake contact plastic simulated wood grain on the side.

Nothing but the finest!

In article 2f372aa1-eee5-4279-a96e-90d319da0f6c@
5g2000yqz.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 14, 12:55*pm, "Happy" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Jun 14, 10:53 am, "Happy" wrote:

[...]

Ciphon it out and refill it.

--
Rowdy Mouse Racing - We race for cheese!

wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:11:35 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

Went canoeing at Wacissa River again today. Over the past few yrs, I
have noticed some odd motors obviously intended for very shallow weed
infested waters. These motors resemble a lawnmotor engine with a very
long shaft, maybe 6' on which there is a prop at the very end. They
go very well in the mats of vegetation covering the water whereas a
conventional outboard immediately bogs down and gets stuff in the
water intake.
I am wondering if these odd outboards will mean fewer airboats because
both are intended to be used in nearly zero water.

Just bear in Mind Florida has a new law about destroying sea grass,
The fine is a fairly modest $1000 but they can also take you into
civil court for the price of restoring the damage to the grass and
that can be a huge number.

Show me that law??? my mother in law is or was the former secretary of the
"save our lakes" down there, and they have spent millions trying to get ride
of the hydrilla from all the bill dance types out there packing the ****
from one lake to the other, when I was younger Lake Walk in the Water had
none, you could see thhe bottom, now you can walk across that ****, they
spry paths accross the lake so you can run your boat...1000 for florida
hydrilla...BS...somethings not right here

wrote:

Went canoeing at Wacissa River again today. Over the past few yrs, I
have noticed some odd motors obviously intended for very shallow weed
infested waters. These motors resemble a lawnmotor engine with a very
long shaft, maybe 6' on which there is a prop at the very end. They
go very well in the mats of vegetation covering the water whereas a
conventional outboard immediately bogs down and gets stuff in the
water intake.
I am wondering if these odd outboards will mean fewer airboats because
both are intended to be used in nearly zero water.

Just bear in Mind Florida has a new law about destroying sea grass,
The fine is a fairly modest $1000 but they can also take you into
civil court for the price of restoring the damage to the grass and
that can be a huge number.

Show me that law???

Shouldn't you be out breaking the arms of little kids, loogy?

On 6/14/10 3:49 PM, I am Tosk wrote:

Ciphon it out and refill it.

Only a cipher would spell it "ciphon."

"Harry" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

[...]

consider your arm broken brat now go call your daddy so I can whip his ass
to....your screwing with the wrong cat dickford...now go home and get
something for that nasty infection on you ball sack, oh I see that's not a
ball sack its a big ole swollen virgina...no ****...never seen one that ugly
before...

"Harry" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

[...]

He must have already reached his quota this quarter.

On 6/14/10 4:15 PM, Happy wrote:

"Harry" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

[...]

I suspected you dropped out of school in the third grade...seems my
suspicion was correct.