hk hk is offline

Default An early candidate for...

....snerk of the week:

GOP Rep. Mark Souder of Indiana -- the leading advocate for abstinence
education in Congress -- will resign after an affair with one of his
female staffers became public. From his statement of resignation

IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET I ANNOUNCE THAT I AM RESIGNING FROM THE US
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, AS WELL AS RESIGNING AS THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE
FOR CONGRESS IN THIS FALL’S ELECTION. ... IT HAS BEEN ALL CONSUMING FOR
ME TO DO THIS JOB WELL, ESPECIALLY IN A DISTRICT WITH COSTLY,
COMPETITIVE ELECTIONS EVERY TWO YEARS I DO NOT HAVE ANY SORT OF "NORMAL"
LIFE - FOR FAMILY, FOR FRIENDS, FOR CHURCH, FOR COMMUNITY.TO SERVE HAS
BEEN A BLESSING AND A RESPONSIBILITY GIVEN FROM GOD.I WISH I COULD HAVE
BEEN A BETTER EXAMPLE. I SINNED AGAINST GOD, MY WIFE AND MY FAMILY BY
HAVING A MUTUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH A PART-TIME MEMBER OF MY STAFF. IN THE
POISONOUS ENVIRONMENT OF WASHINGTON DC, ANY PERSONAL FAILING IS SEIZED
UPON, OFTEN TWISTED, FOR POLITICAL GAIN. I AM RESIGNING RATHER THAN TO
PUT MY FAMILY THROUGH THAT PAINFUL, DRAWN-OUT PROCESS.

Yes, Mark. Washington, DC is to blame. For everything. Even for your
resignation. Yup.

Of course this wouldn't be a Republican sex scandal if Mark Souder
weren't a hard core family values advocate. You know, the kind who
preaches abstinence.

Swiped from KOS.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.
hk hk is offline

On 5/18/10 1:17 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:13:42 -0400,
wrote:

[...]

It is interesting that the GOP has a zero tolerance policy on these
things but I suppose it doers have to do with the things they are
supposed to stand for.

Maybe he should have just switched parties like Specter ... to save
his job

There you go.

I don't for a moment think that Dems are any more "spouse loyal" than
Repubs. The saving grace for the Dems, though, is that for the most part
they do not align themselves with the rigid (and hypocritically held)
"family values" of the conservative right, and therefore are less likely
to be caught up in these sorts of scandals.

I always grin at the foibles of these idiots when they claim they've
"sinned against god." That implies they have special knowledge of a
creator when no one knows if there is one.

I don't know if dumping "abstinence" would help the catholic clergy, but
I do know it sure as hell would attract a different sort of person to
the priesthood and to the nun sisterhood, and the numbers of those who
engage in sex with minors probably would diminish as time went on.

Abstinence...the dumbest idea ever.

wrote:

[...]

By your way of thinking, If you don't condemn an act you are less likely
to be called out when you do it. Whoopty Do!
hk hk is offline

wrote:

[...]

No, **** for brains. If you don't build your career on pandering to the
false values of the hard right, then when you are caught with your
finger in the nookie jar, you may be called out on it, but at least you
will not be accused of hypocrisy.

No wonder you went into the navy instead of college. You needed someone
to think for you.

wrote:

[...]

Exactly.

I don't know if dumping "abstinence" would help the catholic clergy, but I
do know it sure as hell would attract a different sort of person to the
priesthood and to the nun sisterhood, and the numbers of those who engage
in sex with minors probably would diminish as time went on.

Abstinence...the dumbest idea ever.

For priests/nuns, it's dumb and not even part of the original doctrine.

"moose" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

It's about bs hypocrisy not condemnation of the act. The act itself is
wrong. The hypocrisy of promoting family values and using that promotion as
a cudgel is even worse.

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2004/20040811.htm

On 5/18/2010 2:11 PM, hk wrote:
wrote:

[...]

It was the pussies and pansys like you and Blumenthal that sought
deferment after deferment to avoid giving service to your country. Are
you claiming some sort of intellectual superiority because you chose the
cowards way out? You have mad a fool of yourself so many times over this
issue. You'd think you'd learn to either avoid it or come up with a
decent lie to cover yourself.
You really are an ignorant asshole, aren't you?

On 5/18/2010 3:41 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

Oh, I see. Hipocracy is worse than some of the horrendous acts that were
and are being commited. You are as big a dip**** as Harry. Pardon my
French. Harry is such a pussy when it comes to discussing his own
religion, but he's ready, willing, and eager to trash other peoples
religion. At least, to your credit , you haven't stooped that low.

wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

Being a hypocrit is bad. It's kinda like saying one is trying improve this group
while making offensive comments with almost every response.

However, being a liar is much worse. But, I suppose the NY Times is just another
right wing rag.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/19/nyregion/19reax.html?src=mv`1

--
Annoy a Liberal...practice personal responsibility!

John H

wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

My error. I should have said at the beginning of my post, "You're an idiot."

Hipocracy is worse when it's combined with the act therein described.
Obviously, you're too stupid to understand this.

I'm not sure what Harry has to do with my response, but in any case, feel
free to drop dead.