Default May 4-6: Three Days of Rio Vista Sturgeon Fishing (Sacramento RiverCalifornia)

I spent three days and nights at Delta Marina on the Sacramento River
in Rio Vista this week. I fished Tuesday (May 4) through Thursday over
the clam bed at Light 25, just a mile or so downriver from Rio Vista.
It was too windy to try Suisun Bay this week, but I sure wanted to!

The wind was constant, but never much more than about 15 MPH or so. I
was able to fish outgoing currents each day which was very convenient
as the incoming would have been tough against the NW winds.

The only action was when my friend Willie joined me - he reeled in a
42 incher on Wednesday, using eel for bait - that's all we ever use
for sturgeon aboard my boat. The little sturgy was a real wimp, belly
up at the side of the boat in five minutes. He didn't put up much of a
fight but did jump out of the water as soon as he was hooked. He was
too small for the 46" - 66" slot limit and was released.

Photos and much more story at my homepage: www.FishWisher.com or
fishwisher.spaces.live.com

Dale