Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default 5 days fishing with m'boy... and another big ol' sturgeon!

My son joined me this week at Rio Vista, Calif (on the Sacramento
River) and we fished Tue-Thurs at Decker Island and also down at my
honey hole on Suisun Bay.

We were skunked both days at Decker, but fortunately Thursday dawned
calm and sunny, making a cruise down to Suisun possible. We fished my
honey hole near Roe and Ryer Islands. As the last two hours of our
fishing time for the week approached, we finally got that little
sturgeon nibble. Fish On!

She gave us a great fight, breaching twice and giving Dean quite a
thrill as he fought his first sturgeon ever. She weighed in at 38
pounds and measured 55 inches. She fell for - as usual - eel.

Photos and more story at my home page www.FishWisher.com

Dale