Tim Tim is offline

Default More electric power for the Johnson Sea Horse 85....

On Apr 30, 11:23*am, Tim wrote:
On Apr 30, 11:19*am, Jim wrote:

Tim wrote:

I think this sums it up, Loog.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even
though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits
who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray
twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. "
Theodore Roosevelt

Just figure out how many fingers that's worth before doing anything.

Jim - Always count my fingers before getting brave.

And make sure not to take a leak over the back of the boat?

?8^ 0

http://www.break.com/index/moron-pee...ric-fence.html

On Apr 30, 5:00*pm, I am Tosk wrote:
In article ef0a7504-84c1-4250-a554-
,
says...

On Apr 30, 12:23*pm, Tim wrote:
On Apr 30, 11:19*am, Jim wrote:

Tim wrote:

I think this sums it up, Loog.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even
though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits
who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray
twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. "
Theodore Roosevelt

Just figure out how many fingers that's worth before doing anything..

Jim - Always count my fingers before getting brave.

And make sure not to take a leak over the back of the boat?

?8^ 0

Back before college, one of the shops I worked in had a condensor
charger for checking Briggs condensors. You charge it up and watch
leak down then discharge because if you didn't you get a hell of a
shock. Boss's kid always came in after school and thought he could
mess with anything he wanted, take your tools, etc. So I charged a
condensor up just before I knew he'd be there, and sat it on my steel
bench. Kid comes in, and of COURSE leans over the bench and grabs said
condensor, well, tried to. When a spark hit his hand when it was about
half an inch away, he let out a scream and hauled ass!

We had a Dr. Science type when I grew up. He made a condenser from
cardboard, wax paper, and copper if I remember correctly. He would
charge it with the transformer from his Lionel train set and bring it to
school. He could touch your leg with the thing and you would jump clean
out of your chair.

One day at a smoke out in his basement I saw him sitting across the
room. He pulled up this three foot plastic cannon and fired it right at
me. The carefully rolled garbage bag he had as a projectile came flying
out and opened like a parachute about half way across the room, right in
front of me, and lightly settled to the floor.. Frekin, blew me away...
Distilled his own petroleum and did the human blow torch thing, he could
spit a flame about 15 feet up...

Oh well, we are well into the racing season and The Mouse is just
amazing on the 250. Came in fifth over all last weekend in her first
supercross race, she loves supercross, doing it again tomorrow. Two pros
came up to us yesterday during practice and told us her improvement is
amazing, she has already dropped 20+ seconds off the long track time in
just three weeks of being back at it... I am in awe really, as are most
others. The competition stands there and watches her practice like deer
in headlights, something is clicking this season and of course the
Suspension, and engine builder have helped a bit too Not to mention
all that time in the gym over the off season... Whooo hoo, I am looking
pretty good out there too from what I am told for a noob, can't wait
till the fall season so I can race a bit too

Two stroke baby! BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

--
Rowdy Mouse Racing - Racing for Raegen this weekend, come back soon 007!

Cool! Sometimes it all boils down to really, really WANTING something.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 1, 11:36*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 05:57:53 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

I'm doing some thinking. I'm not a slave to fashion, but I am to
function. There's enough shaft space on the top of my v4's flywheel to
mount another pulley, and I'm considering mounting about a 50-75 amp
12volt alternator on an external bracket and running a belt though the
cowling. The reason why is because the meager 10 amp stator on the
engine itself jsut isn't going to cut it. I can modify the brackets so
the external alternator is independant of being under the hood with
the gas fumes. I know the 85 will suck gas anyhow, so what's a bit
extra drag?

Why not just get a spider coupler and mount it directly above the
crankshaft. Then you could lift it straight up and remove the cowling.
Less danger of finger damage too. Put a little top hat cover over it
with slots so it will breathe.
You would have to build some kind of bracket but you were doing that
anyway. Set the alternator down on studs and tighten it down with
castle nuts and cotter pins.

Greg, I'd considered a love-joy connection, but there's a lot of
alignment issues and vibration issues, plus the extra bracing etc, so
I had to rule that idea out. but I will confess it would make a
neater package. However I didn't totally strike the idea. With some
of the newer and more compact units like the 45 amp Nippon Denso
internal fan alternators that run very smooth and are at least 40%
smaller than the old Delco 10-SI.