Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Bow mount troll motor question

I bought a MotorGuide Brute. I want to mount it on my Lund aluminum boat,
so have to make a mounting plate. I want to mount it exactly at the point
of the bow. Should I have the base down the centerline or follow the
gunnel? I had another boat with a similar mount, but just a little off
center to the right, parallel with the center line. It pulled pretty
straight, I just had to turn the motor a tiny bit to compensate. The
current one is mounted on the gunnel about three feet back from the prow, so
it pulls a lot to one side, and it is difficult to get the engine just right
so it tracks good. It is also too short, therefore the new one. How would
you do it?

Steve

visit my site http://cabgbypasssurgery.com watch for the book

Garelick motor mount Katie Ohara General 1 September 18th 09 11:56 AM
Outboard motor mount Frogwatch[_2_] General 0 November 30th 08 12:43 AM
kicker motor mount [email protected] General 2 August 11th 08 05:04 PM
Bow mount trolling motor JB General 4 May 3rd 06 03:18 PM
Motor mount repair Joe Blizzard Cruising 4 March 11th 04 12:55 PM