Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Hey... is this thing ON?

Is RBP still alive? I haven't been here in a long time... thought I'd drop
by with a question. I hope everyone is having a good start to the paddling
season.

I'm a canoe kind of guy and have three that I enjoy very much (Bell
Northwind, Bell Magic and Mad River Eclipse). I was recently encouraged to
buy a kayak to use on an annual sal****er fly fishing trip to Cape Cod. I
just picked up a new Wilderness Systems Pungo 140 Angler. I bought a Werner
Tybee paddle (in expectation that my canoe background makes me tend to be a
high angle paddler?), a bilge pump and a Seal skirt. I live in a rural area
in upstate NY and the only "kayakers" I know are paddling oversize plastic
pool toys from the local sporting goods chain stores... no real enthusiasts
around that I'm aware of to seek guidance from.

Can any of you recommend a good reference book or two? I'm particularly
fond of Bill Mason's "Path of the Paddle" as a canoeing reference. Is there
a similar work in print for kayakers? I've found some interesting
instructional vids on Youtube, but I'd really like a good book. What is the
kayaker's bible?

Thanks for any suggestions,
desmobob

The sad thing is... Tom Francis - SWSports General 60 January 9th 10 01:06 AM
First thing... [email protected] General 6 January 22nd 09 04:34 PM
Doing the Right Thing Capt. Rob ASA 3 June 3rd 07 01:11 AM
Next big thing John Cairns ASA 0 August 12th 06 06:55 PM
what's this thing in the cockpit? SuperBobo General 5 October 30th 04 12:12 AM