Default The sad thing is...

I could honestly see our President and head of Homeland Security
saying something like this.

-------

In the wake of the attempted Christmas Day bombing of Northwest
Airlines flight 253, President Obama, in a news conference from the
Pacific White House in Hawaii, on Monday cautioned Americans to avoid
"lashing out against folks in puffy underpants."

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, the son of a wealthy Nigerian banker,
faces charges of attempting to destroy an airliner by detonating a
high explosive sewn into what the FBI described as "boxers or briefs
.... but clearly not adult incontinence undergarments."

"Our future as a nation depends on how we react to this incident," the
president said. "If we start profiling people based on the mere
appearance of their slacks, a lot of incontinent adults as well as
infants and toddlers will be swept up in the discriminatory backlash.
Civil rights and social justice must take precedence over our
parochial concerns about fire, explosions, crashes and the potential
of physical harm resulting from such events."

Standing side by side with the chairman of the Council of Adult
Incontinence Relations, Obama noted that some of his own relatives had
worn absorbent underwear, and "none of them ever attempted to down a
jet."

"We cannot let this isolated incident spark hate against a people who,
by and large, want nothing more than to be left alone," the president
said. "The greatest threat we face is a failure of tolerance. We will
not allow a few bad apples change who we are as Americans."

Meanwhile, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced new
security measures for airports, including a requirement that
passengers "dispense with belts, allowing their trousers to sag in a
manner that would reveal any potential undergarment threat."

"Sagging is still quite fashionable among America's youth," Napolitano
said, "and so we believe that these new measures will not cause
significant inconvenience to the traveling public. Every airline
passenger will submit to this security protocol to prevent it from
being discriminatory against any minority group."

-----

From Scott Ott - ScrappleFace.com

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 19:24:21 -0500, Gene
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 09:03:48 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

A sadder thing is the "intelligence" community dropping the ball, yet
again....

Obama's intelligence communty?

No. Can't happen.

news

wrote:

A sadder thing is the "intelligence" community dropping the ball, yet
again....

Obama's intelligence communty?

No. Can't happen.

The intelligence people don't work for Obama, and have told him so. They
answer to no one.

Steve

wrote:

A sadder thing is the "intelligence" community dropping the ball, yet
again....

Obama's intelligence communty?

No. Can't happen.

Are you REALLY saying that it's Obama's fault??!!!!
That's the stupidist most unhinged thing you've come up with about the
current administration YET!
On SO many levels.

Gene wrote:

wrote:

A sadder thing is the "intelligence" community dropping the ball, yet
again....

Obama's intelligence communty?

No. Can't happen.

Whose intelligence community dropped the ball so profoundly in 2001
that we were actually attacked on our own soil?

The worst terrorist attack in US history occurred on the watch of George
W. Bush and Dicque Cheney, a fact which makes Cheney's remarks on
terrorism these days nothing more than laughable.

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 13:57:12 -0500, Harry wrote:

The worst terrorist attack in US history occurred on the watch of George
W. Bush and Dicque Cheney, a fact which makes Cheney's remarks on
terrorism these days nothing more than laughable.

Hey, Cheney is so out of the mainstream, I hope he keeps it up. Every
time he opens his mouth, it's worth a couple more votes for Obama.

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:54:48 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

A sadder thing is the "intelligence" community dropping the ball, yet
again....

Obama's intelligence communty?

No. Can't happen.

Whose intelligence community dropped the ball so profoundly in 2001
that we were actually attacked on our own soil?

Bill Clinton's.

GMTA

First thing... [email protected] General 6 January 22nd 09 05:34 PM
Doing the Right Thing Capt. Rob ASA 3 June 3rd 07 01:11 AM
Next big thing John Cairns ASA 0 August 12th 06 06:55 PM
Weirdest thing John Cairns ASA 10 June 29th 04 10:39 PM
What is this "pin" thing called? Mike1 General 40 November 11th 03 09:18 PM