Default Those damn Canadians..

On 3/1/10 10:06 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In , says...

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
California has a large hispanic population. They are mostly a warm,
friendly people who care about family and community.

Now-a-days your statement (above) could be considered to have a taint of
racism to it.

Eisboch
Why would saying that Catholic, family oriented Hispanics are "mostly a
warm, friendly people who care about family and community" ever be
construed as racist?
Maybe edging toward paternalistic, but that's all.

It isn't because a liberal said it. If a conservative said something
similar, he/she would be
ostracized for stereotyping.

Eisboch

Sorry, I'm new here.

Uh, yeah... That was too well timed

Didn't know that a simple - and in my experience
true - statement is seen through a political prism. In any case, can
you show evidence that what you said it true?
An example of a conservative making a a similar statement and being
called racist, or ostracized for stereotyping?

Well, like you said, you are new here (snerk) so stick around a while and make
your own conclusion. Seems you are making one already though.

I can see where that might happen given the radicalization of politics,
but there is no reason for me to think in such a knee-jerk fashion.
All I see is one person's statement and your response to to.

Well, "new guy".. What kind of boat do you have? Does it have a "trolling"
motor?

Scotty

It's not as if *you* go boating in that crappy little rowboat of yours,
eh, snottyscotty...and wasn't it for sale? Did you find a sucker to buy it?

Ron wrote:
anon-e-moose wrote:
Ron wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
California has a large hispanic population. They are mostly a warm,
friendly people who care about family and community.

Now-a-days your statement (above) could be considered to have a
taint of racism to it.

Eisboch

Why would saying that Catholic, family oriented Hispanics are "mostly a
warm, friendly people who care about family and community" ever be
construed as racist?
Maybe edging toward paternalistic, but that's all.

Because, if that same statement was made about the the race that
usually hollers out racist, they would holler out racist.
Was mention made of Catholics? I must have missed it.

You aren't being clear. What race "usually hollers out racist" and what
has it to do with Hispanics or the OP's statement?
I mentioned Catholic, because Hispanics are overwhelmingly Catholic, and
the church has influence on their family values.
Sorry if mentioning religion offended you. It was not my intent.

You don't know the answer to your first question? Hmmm.
Which OP are you referring to? You mentioned Catholic to get a religious
argument going. You and Plume are hell bent on destroying this
newsgroup, aren't you?

anon-e-moose wrote:
Ron wrote:
anon-e-moose wrote:
Ron wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Wow. I shall darken your doorstep no more.
Good-bye.
Jim Jim is offline

Ron wrote:
anon-e-moose wrote:
Ron wrote:
anon-e-moose wrote:
Ron wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Lib - They're all over the place. Hidden or in the open, same old lib BS.
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 08:18:22 -0600, Ron wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
California has a large hispanic population. They are mostly a warm,
friendly people who care about family and community.

Now-a-days your statement (above) could be considered to have a taint of
racism to it.

Eisboch
Why would saying that Catholic, family oriented Hispanics are "mostly a
warm, friendly people who care about family and community" ever be
construed as racist?
Maybe edging toward paternalistic, but that's all.

It isn't because a liberal said it. If a conservative said something
similar, he/she would be
ostracized for stereotyping.

Eisboch

Sorry, I'm new here. Didn't know that a simple - and in my experience
true - statement is seen through a political prism. In any case, can
you show evidence that what you said it true?
An example of a conservative making a a similar statement and being
called racist, or ostracized for stereotyping?
I can see where that might happen given the radicalization of politics,
but there is no reason for me to think in such a knee-jerk fashion.
All I see is one person's statement and your response to to.

Eisboch is a fan of Fox News tactics. Make yourself out to be the
victim without any incident.

jps jps is offline

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:41:46 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Forget it. Comment wasn't directed to you anyway. If you are new, I wish
you luck here.
I won't further poison your indoctrination.

Eisboch

Good idea, Richard.

Since there's no defensible argument to make, might as well cede.
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 10:24:07 -0500, anon-e-moose
wrote:

Ron wrote:
anon-e-moose wrote:
Ron wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Wow, a bit of an over-reaction, eh? No coffee?
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 10:11:51 -0600, Ron wrote:

anon-e-moose wrote:
Ron wrote:
anon-e-moose wrote:
Ron wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Don't be deterred by these idiots. Just don't engage the dimmer ones
and you'll be fine.

Several of the more balanced folks herein can easily supply a list of
the idiots who'd join the teabaggers if they weren't so lazy.
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 10:20:08 -0600, Jim "Jim wrote:

Ron wrote:
anon-e-moose wrote:
Ron wrote:
anon-e-moose wrote:
Ron wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Hope the door hits you in the face, you deserve it.

Wife leave for the BBD again?
mmc mmc is offline

"Ron" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

If you're looking for boat, boating, boat-like, related conversation, there
is a little on this NG but it usually deteriorates into political ****ing
contests. Eisboch is not one of the idiot right or left wing radicals.
Probably just tired of blanket Cons bashing just as some Libs are tired of
the same directed towards them.

Those damn Canadians.. BAR[_2_] General 0 March 1st 10 01:01 PM
Damn Canadians... John H[_12_] General 1 February 26th 10 02:32 AM
Yo! Canadians Lil' John General 10 July 20th 09 03:33 AM
For you Canadians... JohnH[_4_] General 34 December 1st 08 02:39 PM
Where are the Canadians? Bob Crantz ASA 0 March 17th 06 02:13 PM