Harry[_2_] Harry[_2_] is offline

Default Those damn Canadians..

On 3/1/10 10:06 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In , says...

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
California has a large hispanic population. They are mostly a warm,
friendly people who care about family and community.

Now-a-days your statement (above) could be considered to have a taint of
racism to it.

Eisboch
Why would saying that Catholic, family oriented Hispanics are "mostly a
warm, friendly people who care about family and community" ever be
construed as racist?
Maybe edging toward paternalistic, but that's all.

It isn't because a liberal said it. If a conservative said something
similar, he/she would be
ostracized for stereotyping.

Eisboch

Sorry, I'm new here.

Uh, yeah... That was too well timed

Didn't know that a simple - and in my experience
true - statement is seen through a political prism. In any case, can
you show evidence that what you said it true?
An example of a conservative making a a similar statement and being
called racist, or ostracized for stereotyping?

Well, like you said, you are new here (snerk) so stick around a while and make
your own conclusion. Seems you are making one already though.

I can see where that might happen given the radicalization of politics,
but there is no reason for me to think in such a knee-jerk fashion.
All I see is one person's statement and your response to to.

Well, "new guy".. What kind of boat do you have? Does it have a "trolling"
motor?

Scotty

It's not as if *you* go boating in that crappy little rowboat of yours,
eh, snottyscotty...and wasn't it for sale? Did you find a sucker to buy it?