Default Paying attention to what...

....Dick Cheney is saying about terrorism is like paying attention to
Tiger Woods when he is talking about marital fidelity.

The worst terrorist act in U.S. history took place on Cheney's watch.

wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 18:52:55 -0500, Harry
wrote:

...Dick Cheney is saying about terrorism is like paying attention to
Tiger Woods when he is talking about marital fidelity.

The worst terrorist act in U.S. history took place on Cheney's watch.

If we used the same yardstick we use with Obama we could blame that on
Al Gore and Bill Clinton.
I have seen it said a half dozen times here the flaws in TSA are
Bush's fault. He has been gone 3 months longer than Clinton was.

In real life, it is systemic. Like "fighting the last war", we always
try to prevent the last incident, not the next one. We kept the bombs
out of their shoes so they don't put the bomb in their shoe now.
I suppose you will have to put your underwear on the belt now.
The bomb will be somewhere else.

Big difference, as Bush was warned and did nothing. Clinton was warned and
did something. Also, Clinton was in office a very short time...

Feb. 26th vs Sept. 11.

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:22:38 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

You answered without reading didn't you?

I will do this slowly. Bush was blamed for 9/11, less than 9 months
after he took office. He was also blamed for the Christmas bombing by
people here, more than 12 months AFTER Obama took office.
Obama was warned too ... and did nothing.

Obama was not warned about the specifics. That's a fantasy. Bush was warned
about the specifics. That's the truth.

The warning from this current weasel's father was certainly a lot more
explicit than "OBL plans on striking the US" (somewhere, some time by
somebody we don't know). We had a name and didn't do squat with it.
If there was a decent protocol in place this guy would have never got
on the plane in Nigeria ...or Amsterdam but you blame that on Bush.

I guess you forgot about all the other warnings, like the use of airplanes
as weapons. I guess you forgot about his and his cronies lack of interest in
the situation.

I don't like Bush either but he is gone. We need to look forward not
back.

We need to hold those responsible for bad and illegal actions accountable.
That's the only way to "look forward."

--
Nom=de=Plume

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:22:38 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Thank you, some of these folks and their double standards get soooo old.
I couldn't have said it better...

I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

9/11 happened on the watch of Bush/Cheney. Period.

*What* christmas bombing? There was an attempt, but no bombing.

Why are you here, Snotty? Why aren't you working to raise the cash to
pay off your hospital bills?

wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:48:50 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

I will do this slowly. Bush was blamed for 9/11, less than 9 months
after he took office. He was also blamed for the Christmas bombing by
people here, more than 12 months AFTER Obama took office.
Obama was warned too ... and did nothing.

Obama was not warned about the specifics. That's a fantasy. Bush was
warned
about the specifics. That's the truth.

How much more specific do they need to be. They had this guys name and
a warning from his father that he was radicalized but he wasn't
elevated on the watch list. Even Obama is admitting they screwed up
and Napolitano has backed away from her "system worked" statement.
The only "system" that worked was the passengers saved themselves.

Look.. are you trying to be dumb? Obama was NOT warned about the underware
bomber. Bush WAS warned about bin laden using planes.

The warning from this current weasel's father was certainly a lot more
explicit than "OBL plans on striking the US" (somewhere, some time by
somebody we don't know). We had a name and didn't do squat with it.
If there was a decent protocol in place this guy would have never got
on the plane in Nigeria ...or Amsterdam but you blame that on Bush.

I guess you forgot about all the other warnings, like the use of airplanes
as weapons. I guess you forgot about his and his cronies lack of interest
in
the situation.

Monday morning quarterbacks always make the right call.
At that time we thought we WERE screening for weapons, much as we
believed we were screening for bombs on Christmas day.
The next guy with a slightly different plan will probably get away
with it too.

Yet, that's exactly what you're doing....

I don't like Bush either but he is gone. We need to look forward not
back.

We need to hold those responsible for bad and illegal actions accountable.
That's the only way to "look forward."

So we are going on a TSA witch hunt now?

So, we should just let those who screwed up go on merrily without
consequences? Sounds like the justification for not going after Cheney.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"I am Tosk" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:22:38 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Like yours.

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote:
[...]

Oh, you know how it is. Most of them are unhinged, so they'll bite at
any tiny little thing. Harry used to do that too.

Tax cheats! Not paying their fair share!!!! Mike[_9_] ASA 0 July 23rd 08 03:15 PM
Bush's Military Paying for Favorable News in Iraq *JimH* General 5 December 1st 05 07:34 PM
The Weather: I knew we'd be paying for it... Harry Krause General 18 January 13th 04 01:43 AM
Paying for that new yacht: Vito ASA 0 September 4th 03 09:10 PM
Marina gas prices - how much are you paying this summer? Snafu General 22 August 3rd 03 03:52 AM