Harry[_2_] Harry[_2_] is offline

Default Paying attention to what...

I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,
says...
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:22:38 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 18:52:55 -0500, Harry
wrote:

...Dick Cheney is saying about terrorism is like paying attention to
Tiger Woods when he is talking about marital fidelity.

The worst terrorist act in U.S. history took place on Cheney's watch.
If we used the same yardstick we use with Obama we could blame that on
Al Gore and Bill Clinton.
I have seen it said a half dozen times here the flaws in TSA are
Bush's fault. He has been gone 3 months longer than Clinton was.

In real life, it is systemic. Like "fighting the last war", we always
try to prevent the last incident, not the next one. We kept the bombs
out of their shoes so they don't put the bomb in their shoe now.
I suppose you will have to put your underwear on the belt now.
The bomb will be somewhere else.

Big difference, as Bush was warned and did nothing. Clinton was warned and
did something. Also, Clinton was in office a very short time...

Feb. 26th vs Sept. 11.

You answered without reading didn't you?

I will do this slowly. Bush was blamed for 9/11, less than 9 months
after he took office. He was also blamed for the Christmas bombing by
people here, more than 12 months AFTER Obama took office.
Obama was warned too ... and did nothing.
The warning from this current weasel's father was certainly a lot more
explicit than "OBL plans on striking the US" (somewhere, some time by
somebody we don't know). We had a name and didn't do squat with it.
If there was a decent protocol in place this guy would have never got
on the plane in Nigeria ...or Amsterdam but you blame that on Bush.

I don't like Bush either but he is gone. We need to look forward not
back.

Thank you, some of these folks and their double standards get soooo old.
I couldn't have said it better...

9/11 happened on the watch of Bush/Cheney. Period.

*What* christmas bombing? There was an attempt, but no bombing.

Why are you here, Snotty? Why aren't you working to raise the cash to
pay off your hospital bills?