nom=de=plume nom=de=plume is offline

Default Paying attention to what...

wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:48:50 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

I will do this slowly. Bush was blamed for 9/11, less than 9 months
after he took office. He was also blamed for the Christmas bombing by
people here, more than 12 months AFTER Obama took office.
Obama was warned too ... and did nothing.

Obama was not warned about the specifics. That's a fantasy. Bush was
warned
about the specifics. That's the truth.

How much more specific do they need to be. They had this guys name and
a warning from his father that he was radicalized but he wasn't
elevated on the watch list. Even Obama is admitting they screwed up
and Napolitano has backed away from her "system worked" statement.
The only "system" that worked was the passengers saved themselves.

Look.. are you trying to be dumb? Obama was NOT warned about the underware
bomber. Bush WAS warned about bin laden using planes.

The warning from this current weasel's father was certainly a lot more
explicit than "OBL plans on striking the US" (somewhere, some time by
somebody we don't know). We had a name and didn't do squat with it.
If there was a decent protocol in place this guy would have never got
on the plane in Nigeria ...or Amsterdam but you blame that on Bush.

I guess you forgot about all the other warnings, like the use of airplanes
as weapons. I guess you forgot about his and his cronies lack of interest
in
the situation.

Monday morning quarterbacks always make the right call.
At that time we thought we WERE screening for weapons, much as we
believed we were screening for bombs on Christmas day.
The next guy with a slightly different plan will probably get away
with it too.

Yet, that's exactly what you're doing....

I don't like Bush either but he is gone. We need to look forward not
back.

We need to hold those responsible for bad and illegal actions accountable.
That's the only way to "look forward."

So we are going on a TSA witch hunt now?

So, we should just let those who screwed up go on merrily without
consequences? Sounds like the justification for not going after Cheney.

--
Nom=de=Plume