Default For the children's sake...

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 17:01:16 -0600, wrote:

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:44:43 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/11...y.aspx?ref=rss

NY just passed a new law to protect kids. Now it is a felon, to drive
DWI/DUI with children 15 years of age or less on board.

That ought to help save lives!

George Orwell just wasn't too far off...

Not that you asked, but my opinion is that anybody driving DUI with a
passenger should be prosecuted as a felon.

I tend to agree, but I think the distinction is that a child can't legally
make a decision to avoid getting in the car, where an adult can.

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/11...y.aspx?ref=rss

NY just passed a new law to protect kids. Now it is a felon, to drive
DWI/DUI with children 15 years of age or less on board.

That ought to help save lives!

George Orwell just wasn't too far off...

You object to having a legal requirement to drive sober??

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:18:45 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/11...y.aspx?ref=rss

NY just passed a new law to protect kids. Now it is a felon, to drive
DWI/DUI with children 15 years of age or less on board.

That ought to help save lives!

George Orwell just wasn't too far off...

You object to having a legal requirement to drive sober??

Yes.

In that case, how would "irresponsible actions should be subject to
equitable and severe
penalties meted out by the justice system" work?

--
Nom=de=Plume

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 17:30:43 -0600, wrote:

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:18:45 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/11...y.aspx?ref=rss

NY just passed a new law to protect kids. Now it is a felon, to drive
DWI/DUI with children 15 years of age or less on board.

That ought to help save lives!

George Orwell just wasn't too far off...

You object to having a legal requirement to drive sober??

Yes.

This must be from living in ideas of the head instead of the real
world. Or maybe you know that life being fleeting and all, getting
killed by a drunk driver is just "The Price of Freedom"
Or maybe you are willing to take the chance that everybody is as
responsible as you and won't drive drunk.
They ain't. Only reason I won't drive inebriated is the law might
hammer me with fines and jail and take my driver's license away.
I know that beer don't affect me, When I'm drunk I still drive good.
Just like everybody else.

--Vic

jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

I was recently returning from a trip to Whistler Mountain, north of
Vancouver, BC. The sound to mountain road was packed with drunk
Canadians racing back to Vancouver. They were insane! I couldn't
believe the risky behavior we observed on the road. Swerving at high
speeds around cars.

Evidently, the penalties up there aren't very stiff.

wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:18:45 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/11...y.aspx?ref=rss

NY just passed a new law to protect kids. Now it is a felon, to drive
DWI/DUI with children 15 years of age or less on board.

That ought to help save lives!

George Orwell just wasn't too far off...

You object to having a legal requirement to drive sober??

Yes.

--

Boy..if this is you Waylon...you're really out to lunch here.
Maybe you should volunteer some time in a major trauma center in Atlanta.

Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 9, 8:53*pm, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:18:45 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/11...wi-bill-compou....

NY just passed a new law to protect kids. Now it is a felon, to drive
DWI/DUI with children 15 years of age or less on board.

That ought to help save lives!

George Orwell just wasn't too far off...

You object to having a legal requirement to drive sober??

Yes.

--

Boy..if this is you Waylon...you're really out to lunch here.
Maybe you should volunteer some time in a major trauma center in Atlanta.

Don. I'll vouch for him, II know this guy. he lives in an adjacent
county of mine. only about 40 mi. away. I guarantee you, he's not
Waylon.

I think I know what his point is, but I won't go into it. it's no
biggie.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message news

wrote:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/11...y.aspx?ref=rss

NY just passed a new law to protect kids. Now it is a felon, to drive
DWI/DUI with children 15 years of age or less on board.

That ought to help save lives!

George Orwell just wasn't too far off...

You object to having a legal requirement to drive sober??

Yes.

Why?

Good question!!

--