Default To Our Children's Children's Children, On the Threshold of aNightmare

Our parents have been referred to as “The Greatest Generation” for
saving the world from Nazis and Fascists, sending people to the moon
and their delayed gratification in the interests of their children.
Their children, the boomers, meanwhile embraced the corpse of
Communism while their elders were busy driving a stake in its heart.
Not content to thumb their noses at their parents sacrifices, the
boomers chose to embrace immediate gratification via massive debt to
fuel their every whim. Now that the bill has come due, in true boomer
fashion they are now trying to pass the bill onto their great
grandchildren via Obama’s “Stimulus Plan” that will be paid by
successive generations. Obama is the ultimate boomer having never
held a real job or done any honest days work he now thinks he is
qualified to spend our grandchildren’s money.

On Jan 29, 11:39 am, wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:31:38 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch

wrote:
Our parents have been referred to as “The Greatest Generation” for
saving the world from Nazis and Fascists, sending people to the moon
and their delayed gratification in the interests of their children.
Their children, the boomers, meanwhile embraced the corpse of
Communism while their elders were busy driving a stake in its heart.
Not content to thumb their noses at their parents sacrifices, the
boomers chose to embrace immediate gratification via massive debt to
fuel their every whim. Now that the bill has come due, in true boomer
fashion they are now trying to pass the bill onto their great
grandchildren via Obama’s “Stimulus Plan” that will be paid by
successive generations. Obama is the ultimate boomer having never
held a real job or done any honest days work he now thinks he is
qualified to spend our grandchildren’s money.

umm... for starters, Obama is not a Boomer, chucklehead.

Close enough

wrote:

Our parents have been referred to as “The Greatest Generation” for
saving the world from Nazis and Fascists, sending people to the moon
and their delayed gratification in the interests of their children.
Their children, the boomers, meanwhile embraced the corpse of
Communism while their elders were busy driving a stake in its heart.
Not content to thumb their noses at their parents sacrifices, the
boomers chose to embrace immediate gratification via massive debt to
fuel their every whim. Now that the bill has come due, in true boomer
fashion they are now trying to pass the bill onto their great
grandchildren via Obama’s “Stimulus Plan” that will be paid by
successive generations. Obama is the ultimate boomer having never
held a real job or done any honest days work he now thinks he is
qualified to spend our grandchildren’s money.

Yup, well said.
--
John H

Go here first... http://tinyurl.com/d3vxvm

* Definition of a teenager?
God's punishment...for enjoying sex. *

On Jan 29, 11:59 am, wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:51:21 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch

wrote:
[...]

He's of a different generation than the boomers, rendering your whole
diatribe absurd. It didn't need much help.

"Generations" do not have sharp cut-off dates but are more of a mind
set. Obama is clearly of the boomer mindset.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:31:38 -0800, Frogwatch wrote:

Not content to
thumb their noses at their parents sacrifices, the boomers chose to
embrace immediate gratification via massive debt to fuel their every
whim. Now that the bill has come due, in true boomer fashion they are
now trying to pass the bill onto their great grandchildren via Obama’s
“Stimulus Plan” that will be paid by successive generations.

Up until Reagan, according to Dick Cheney, "proved deficits don't
matter", there were only two reasons for deficit spending, fighting a
war, and fighting a recession. There were 55,000 announced job cuts on
Monday alone. Frankly, I'm praying Obama's "Stimulus Plan" is enough.
This is already going to be a severe recession, without Obama's plan, it
could very well be a depression. Oh, and if something like the Great
Depression were to hit today, it would cost this country upwards of $20
trillion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

HK HK is offline

wrote:
[...]

Baloney. You obviously have no idea what you are babbling about.

Clearly going into debt via massive spending on credit was a bad idea

Reagan did it.
Senior Member

On Jan 29, 12:45*pm, John H wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:22:11 -0600, thunder wrote:
[...]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...8?language=pri....

Obama's stimulus plan could go a long way, if he wasn't using it as a power
play. What percent of his plan is actually going to infrastructure, which
was the big selling point around here?
--
John H

Go here first...http://tinyurl.com/d3vxvm

* *Definition of a teenager?
* * *God's punishment...for enjoying sex. * *- Hide quoted text -

Less than 5%...

Barakolypse is upon us...