Default Draining the boat for the season...

On Dec 4, 1:25*pm, Tim wrote:
Oh my, it got down to 21 dsegrees last night, and thismorning I
thought, OH CRAP. I forgot to winterize the boat! *Anyhow I headed
into town to my warehouse and pulled the cover. opened the petcock on
th little 4 cyl GM and the water poured out. I figured it wouldn't
ahve frozen but then again..

I pulled the hoses and slopped the "pink stuff" to it till it was
flushing well out of all open ports including the lower end.

Thats one thing I like about he little GM inline 4, it's so easy to
winterize. 10 to 15 minutes and it's over with. v-8 GM s? Thats a
different story. drain plugs and petcocks in places you wouldn't dream
of.

Anyhow, I lowered the bottom end, pulled the battery and pushed it
back in the corner. Just waiting for Aprl 2010 now......

I didnt put any antifreeze in mine this year. Simply hooked the Shop
Vac in REVERSE to the upper Rad Hose, opened the petcocks, and blew
the water out. Took a smoke to do it, but I'll bet my paycheck,
there's NO water left in it.
In case you're wondering about the risers...they're being removed for
" boiling" this winter.

On Dec 4, 2:40*pm, Scott Dickson wrote:
On Dec 4, 1:25*pm, Tim wrote:

[...]

" boiling" this winter.- Hide quoted text -

I've never bothered with the rv antifreeze. Just drained.
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 4, 1:25*pm, Tim wrote:

[...]

I've never bothered with the rv antifreeze. *Just drained.- Hide quoted text -

You're right, one doesn't have to, but i don't like the idea that
little puddles sitting in the block. I'd jsut as soon make sure
there's no residual water in the system..