Default Draining the boat for the season...

On Dec 4, 1:25*pm, Tim wrote:
Oh my, it got down to 21 dsegrees last night, and thismorning I
thought, OH CRAP. I forgot to winterize the boat! *Anyhow I headed
into town to my warehouse and pulled the cover. opened the petcock on
th little 4 cyl GM and the water poured out. I figured it wouldn't
ahve frozen but then again..

I pulled the hoses and slopped the "pink stuff" to it till it was
flushing well out of all open ports including the lower end.

Thats one thing I like about he little GM inline 4, it's so easy to
winterize. 10 to 15 minutes and it's over with. v-8 GM s? Thats a
different story. drain plugs and petcocks in places you wouldn't dream
of.

Anyhow, I lowered the bottom end, pulled the battery and pushed it
back in the corner. Just waiting for Aprl 2010 now......

The v8's are not that much more difficult. One drain plug on each
side of the block. I pull the lower hoses off the manifolds and inlet
hose off the power steering cooler to get the rest. That's it.
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 4, 1:19*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Dec 4, 1:25*pm, Tim wrote:

[...]

hose off the power steering cooler to get the rest. *That's it.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, you're correct, and I have located them, But when I say that
the drains are in places you wouldn't dream of, I guess I should have
said "where you can't hardly get to" at least thats the way it is on
the Marquis where the manifolds are about flush with the floor and
little relief on the sides to reach them.

I hope I never have tho pull the starter on that thing.

On Dec 4, 1:25*pm, Tim wrote:

[...]

Well, first you turn the boat upside down. Then you mark where the
access panel should be. Then you get a chain saw...you can figure out
the rest.

Just be careful where you buy your starter. There's some shady
character out there trying to sell them for $500 so he can get a new
'puter!
--

John H
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 4, 1:25*pm, Tim wrote:

[...]

thanks for the tip, John. I'm glad you're watching out for me!

?;^ O

On Dec 4, 1:25*pm, Tim wrote:

[...]

John H- Hide quoted text -

One with that new-fangled Windows operating system?

Rob Rob is offline

wrote:

On Dec 4, 1:19 pm, wrote:

On Dec 4, 1:25 pm, wrote:

[...]

Is WAFA a beta tester for Windows 8 now? What will he think of next?

Rob