Rob Rob is offline

Default Starting a boat related business

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:12:43 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:01:15 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

This isn't some 3rd World
country.

Have you ever been to the big bend of Florida ;-)

Just kidding Ohara, but it may be a little "rustic" for a California
girl.

Never, but I'm pretty used to rednecks if that's what's around.

The South is a bit different than the west. There is a subtle
difference in the type of innovation, lifestyle and a whole lot of "we
don't care what you think". I am very much at home here but it drives
a lot of people from the rest of the country crazy.

The metaphor would be the difference between tangling with a grizzly
bear and wrasslin an alligator.
In both cases you are talking about an apex predator but the bear is a
sentient mammal you might be able to reason with, the gator is 400
pounds of prehistoric muscle and teeth that just wants to eat you.
Toss in the biggest snakes, bugs and lizards in the country and you
get a tough bunch of people who choose to live here. Don't confuse
this with the east coast that Harry likes or Orlando. That is just
where the transplanted New Yorkers go.
Much like the Seminoles 100 years ago, the real Floridians have been
pushed back into the swamps by northerners but their time is running
out.

Sounds like a youtube selection bear vs. gator, human vs. car.

??? It really sounds like that?

Rob

There are some cool vids that have these contests... check it out.

Damn! A polite response!

Rob

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Damn, I'm almost always polite.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Sounds like a youtube selection bear vs. gator, human vs. car.

Would depend on the venue. On asphalt, I'd bet on the car every time.

In the water, I take the gator.

In a woodsy scene, the bear and the gator are a tossup. The car couldn't
move. Maybe a little edge to the gator.

Steve